'The Lambourn Show'

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the origenal lambourn was the best bar none every kind of lurcher you could imagine and every kind of lurcher owner you could imagine . and i would think that at that time there wasnt many lurchers

There's a copy on the coch-y-bonddu website at the moment for £85... icon_eek.gif I think I might try to sell mine too!

Surely not the booklet by hancock it only cost me £3.25icon_eek.gif

'HOW MUCH!!' :icon_eek:

Think i will try and borrow one instead in that case. :thumbs:

There's a copy on the coch-y-bonddu website at the moment for £85... icon_eek.gif I think I might try to sell mine too!

I cant get my head around its the same book 96 pages nearly all photos i am definately going to sell mine as wellicon_eek.gif

Poacher 3161; yes, that's the same one. That's a pretty good return on three and a bit quid! I'm not sure we'll get quite as much as that if we try to sell them on though. :no:

I nearly gave all my Plummer books away a few years ago so I'm glad I kept them now.

Poacher 3161; yes, that's the same one. That's a pretty good return on three and a bit quid! I'm not sure we'll get quite as much as that if we try to sell them on though. no.gif

I nearly gave all my Plummer books away a few years ago so I'm glad I kept them now.

laugh.gif Me as well as most of the plummer books i have are first editions with an inch of dust on themlaugh.gif atb dell

Good luck mate theirs a booklet about it by hancockthumbs.gif Should be a good show as long as a couple of travellers dont decide to settle their scores therelaugh.gif

hey poach,i did see there was a booklet about it but id imagine it would cost a small fortune.i may ring david to get some information.

The national lurcher and racing club did a book about it a couple of years back give them a bell

sorry didnt see boyos post

Edited by Wolfie
Guest 2GOOD

:no: Aye,.it was a travesty,.set amongst a tarmac parade ground,....and was an insult to the original Lambourn... :yes:

yes i got depressed ,

so got :drink: and spent the afternoon in a ambulance parked on the site ,it must have been some thing i ate . :laugh:

the origenal lambourn was the best bar none every kind of lurcher you could imagine and every kind of lurcher owner you could imagine . and i would think that at that time there wasnt many lurchers there that wasnt doing the job they were origanelly intended for either .

• Like 1

:no: Aye,.it was a travesty,.set amongst a tarmac parade ground,....and was an insult to the original Lambourn... :yes:

mine will be held on the first field it was held on,not the sloping one at seven barrows but the one opposite the malt shovel pub alone malt shovel lane in upper lambourn.IF the show proves to be near as busy as it once was all them years ago,then i shall move it to the seven barrows field.

the origenal lambourn was the best bar none every kind of lurcher you could imagine and every kind of lurcher owner you could imagine . and i would think that at that time there wasnt many lurchers there that wasnt doing the job they were origanelly intended for either .

unfortunately a few lads decided to run a few hares after the show which is one of the reasons the show was stopped.the other reason was the bare knuckle. fingers crossed all will go smooth and no coursing takes place after the event other wise it will be the first and last chance to bring back what was an exellent event. its taken me alot of time and pursuading of the lambourn parish and mr hills who ownes the chosen paddock,i just hope it flows well,theres a good attendance and everyone enjoys themselves :thumbs: