IF HUNTING BAN CONTINUES ???DAYTIME OR LAMPING?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just some thing i have noticed over the last few years the riseing popularity of the small type lurchers and the working whippets their must be a good reason for it.atb dell

smaller doggy bags from the shits they do in the street when walking the mate loldoh.gifyes.gif they fit in the pocket more easy till find a binthumbs.gif

A lurcher is lurcher, no matter what size or coat.

Getting caught must be in "The Act", you really cannot prove "Intent" it can only be asked. I'm very surprised it has lasted for so long. Only a small amount have been actually caught and charged with concrete evidence, but when a person gets caught, the goverment want positive action taken.

Yes but to most uneducated coppers wich their is quite a few a big smooth haired lurcher is a greyhound capeable of catching illeagal quarry but a smaller lurcher that looks as though it couldent catch a cold wont arouse the same suspicion.

Getting caught must be in "The Act", you really cannot prove "Intent" it can only be asked. I'm very surprised it has lasted for so long. Only a small amount have been actually caught and charged with concrete evidence, but when a person gets caught, the goverment want positive action taken.

Yes but to most uneducated coppers wich their is quite a few a big smooth haired lurcher is a greyhound capeable of catching illeagal quarry but a smaller lurcher that looks as though it couldent catch a cold wont arouse the same suspicion.

exactly, when some peeople ask me what sort of dog mine is i say a lurcher, they say ''thats not a lurcher'' i say hows that like, ''because a lurcher is big and skinny like a grey hound''. :doh: and then they see me getting the dog out the car along with 20 rabbits and they cant belive it.

Well its the main reason i got this beddy/grey x non ped whippet instead of a lurcher saluki hybred mix as from wat i have seen its getting worse and a small rough haired type of dog dosent atract attention as much as a big long dog type.atb dell

whats the difference if your caught your caught sorry for who ever does but thats the way the cookie crumbles people no the score and what comes with itwink.gifyes.gifthumbs.gif

Yes i agree but getting caught lamping with a 22tts dog probably wont arouse suspicions as much than with a bigtype lurcher.atb dell

a dogs a dog to the old bill mate,dont think an extra few inches to its height gonna make much difference really,but know where your coming from atvb

Its just a bit of info we got in this area that the old bill were after the feild drivers with their preferd crosses and lads with smaller rabbiting lurchers are getting the benefit of the doubt.atb dell

can see your point :thumbs:

exactly, when some peeople ask me what sort of dog mine is i say a lurcher, they say ''thats not a lurcher'' i say hows that like, ''because a lurcher is big and skinny like a grey hound''. doh.gif and then they see me getting the dog out the car along with 20 rabbits and they cant belive it.

Dont tell them its a lurcher let them think wat it is and if you get pulled the old bill will prob think the samethumbs.gif

I'm with artic and Darcy all the way on this one :thumbs: I won't compromise the type of dog I run or the type of quarry I run it on!

My only changes are the style in which I now go about my business, a little more softly, softly. ;)

Though I don't doubt that many are looking to different types of dogs than what they owned preban.

exactly, when some peeople ask me what sort of dog mine is i say a lurcher, they say ''thats not a lurcher'' i say hows that like, ''because a lurcher is big and skinny like a grey hound''. doh.gif and then they see me getting the dog out the car along with 20 rabbits and they cant belive it.

Dont tell them its a lurcher let them think wat it is and if you get pulled the old bill will prob think the samethumbs.gif

yeah ok for during the day but the lamp gives it away a bit on a night lol. i prefer daytime mooching any way.

Well its the main reason i got this beddy/grey x non ped whippet instead of a lurcher saluki hybred mix as from wat i have seen its getting worse and a small rough haired type of dog dosent atract attention as much as a big long dog type.atb dell

whats the difference if your caught your caught sorry for who ever does but thats the way the cookie crumbles people no the score and what comes with itwink.gifyes.gifthumbs.gif

Yes i agree but getting caught lamping with a 22tts dog probably wont arouse suspicions as much than with a bigtype lurcher.atb dell

my bullx bitch is only 22" and has NO trouble taking any quary single handed.

down my way im quite lucky!! there arent hares in the area i hunt!! so the police dont really bother with us!! there more intrested in protecting gatwick airport!! as long as we arent lamping the planes up and pointing rocket launchers at them there not bothered!! ive had them out a few times to me usally when on my permission but thats only because there driving through and they want to make sure were legit!!

starting to hear a few stories of people shooting illegally round mine so its hotting up a bit but they are generally quite good and leave us be once they see were only out for rabbits!! i have a big dog my mate has a small dog they dont really pay attention to them apart from the odd officer stroking one!!! so down my neck of the woods i cant see any cross dying out due to persicution!!!

IF THE HUNTING BAN CONTINUES,,,,,????

AND YES I KNOW FOLK WILL KEEP GOING ,,,,WHATEVER THE BAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT WHAT ABOUT PLL,S WHO NEED THERE MOTOR,,,SELF EMPOLED / TAXI DRIVER,ETC

AND IF THEY GOT CAUGHT,,,,WILL SPELL DISATER,,,,AND OTHER JOB,S NOW WOULD BE FAR TO COME BY

SURLY THIS MEANS SOME PLL,S MUST BE THINKING,,,ILL ONLY TAKE RABBITS,,,,AS I CANT TAKE THE RISK,,,,( BUT MAYBE TAKE RISK FOR THE ODD HARE FOX OR DEER,,,,BUT WILL BE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN )

I KNOW SOME GUYS RIGHT NOW WILL SAY FECK IT I WILL DO WHAT I WANT,,,,,BUT GUYS GETTIN CAUGHT NOW I,E ---

HIS MOTOR / DOGS,,,,AND IN WORST CASES NOT ALOAD NEAR DOGS AGAIN

WITH THIS IN MIND WHAT BREED DOG,,, DO U THINK IS THE FUTURE,,,,,????

I THINK ,,,,WHIP/ BEDDIE,,,,,,WHIPET,,,,WHIP/GREY,,,,,,COLLIE/ GREY,,,,,,WHIP/TERRIR,,,,,,SULKI /WHIPX GREY ,,,whipxgrey /bull,,,,,,,,,,,,,,( but what about the real big lurcher breed dogs,,,,,,?????,,,,is the dark loming for them,???,,( i hope not ),,,,,i dont think ireland is safe either,,,there next on the hit list :(

some of us are light years ahead ,i and a few others i know changed a few weeks before the ban came in ,so we dont look suspicious we got a yorkie each , :boogie:

Edited by 2GOOD
  • 5 months later...
Guest fence_hopper

ban this ban that what ifs, ffs who gives a flying fuk FUK THE BAN. there should be a ban on here for people winging about the ban :big_boss:

Edited by fence_hopper