mating untried dogs...

my mate as a lurcher its about 2 years old.dog hasn't done a great deal actually hes done jack really got injured at the beginning of the season.my question to everyone does this dog deserve to be mated?as my mate thinks it ok.

i wouldnt think so unles thats what you mate wants to do, breeding of untried stock well isnt the way forward at times hard enough getting good dogs out of tried studd with out untreid esopecaily if your into big open feilds with open feild rabbits , but if its just for pets etc and youre own mates well no big deal but not the best way to go

Each to their own mate and all that....But surely there is no sence at all in using this dog to a bitch untried.If you have a bitch you wish to breed from and your in the game you must know someone with a decent proven working dog that you could use?

Why does your mate think that it would be worth breeding with? surley if he thought it was that good the only way to know would have been to concentrate on getting it working and building a reputation.

Dont get yourself lumbered with a litter of pet pups just so your mate can call his dog a stud dog fella or at least put the breeding off for 12 months and give the dog a good try out next season you'll then have an idear if he's what your after mate.

JMHO mate and it could be a world beater......but if its that good it will be worth waiting for hey?

ATB

Edited by fensaluki

my mate as a lurcher its about 2 years old.dog hasn't done a great deal actually hes done jack really got injured at the beginning of the season.my question to everyone does this dog deserve to be mated?as my mate thinks it ok.

well you have had your answers , all i can say is ,ask your self are they all correct ,after all most first x are from grey hounds or whippets that never see a rabbit in their life ,and it is the man that makes the dog ,
Guest DogFaceKillah

90 percent of dogs out there are probly bred from truly untested stuff! but there is also differnce in opinion in whats tested! as my expectations of a dog are alot higher than the next mans

well you have had your answers , all i can say is ,ask your self are they all correct ,after all most first x are from grey hounds or whippets that never see a rabbit in their life ,and it is the man that makes the dog ,

Thats true as theirs some pups on this site being advertised for good moneythumbs.gif