2 door Suzuki Vitara

Guest LancsUK

Guest LancsUK

I was wonderin what you all think of the 2 door Suzuki Vitara 1.6? Would be my first vehicle on-road and found that they are cheap on insurance, not a massive engine and are cheap to buy. Does anyone ave 1 themselves or know how they perform? Cheers.

have owned mine for 3yrs now, and as much as I like all the other 4x4's out there, my vit does anything you ask, and as you say, cheap to insure, great for getting down inbetween lines of tree's in orchards etc, a the heater is the best ever, gets hot really quick when you have numb fingers and toes :D

post-5267-126678576206_thumb.jpg

post-5267-126678579451_thumb.jpg

join the suzuki forums you can never go wrong especially when sourcing parts or advise,

http://forum.difflock.com/index.php?sid=0e1a0300d2acf92bc95716f38ded9db6

or

http://forum.muddyzook.co.uk/index.php

or shropshire suzuki

i prefer the sj but thats my choice, but the vit is good both on oand offroad where my sj is shite on road but cracking off it

ive owned mine for 6months now....believe it or not im 38 only passed my test a year ago....insurance was my main reason for the vitara..400 quid fully comp with breakdown cover n all,for a new driver thats bloody cheap mate...i looked on go compare and cheapest firm was Ecar.the tank on a 16 fills for around 35-40 quid,and i guess around 40mpg average on road use....as was mentioned the sj are awesome offroad,i have 3 mates that own them and they wouldnt part with love nor money,they get to the places the big landies and disco's cant get to.....they also dont cost 130quid to fill like landies and u get more than 20mpg out of them..sj's are shite on road.....vitara is a good allrounder..look reasonably smart,parts easy to get...windows are gits for gettin stuck.....good ground clearance for a small car....back seat fold right up or take them right out.not sure about the heating tho,mine takes a while to get going,normally hots up when i got to get out the fekkin thing.....good all round motors mate...can be bought cheap 94 onwards from 500 to 800 quid is fair.

remembering to put lots of grease on the window mechanisimn, stops them getting stuck

my mate has a "disco" permantly 4wd, just low and high gears, told me it cost £130 to fill to the top

vitz you get both 2wd and 4wd high and low, around £40 to fill to the top

I've a 97 one that I bought -simply because I needed a vehicle fast and it was available and reasonably cheap- about 3 years ago .I really did'nt expect it to be a long term thing but as everyone has been saying -good honest vehicles with good spares availability and mechanics that don't baffle with science .

As Stubby mentioned the window mechanism needs greasing or they stiffen up and if you get heavy handed :whistling: things break .

When I took it for its first MOT under my ownership I looked down at the MOT Certificate and thought, "Hm, failure sheets have changed colour ". Then I realised it had passed first time . An event for any of my vehicles let alone one that cost so little .

I guess the cam belt would be something to change straight away if buying without a service history but that could apply to any vehicle .

Normal tyres are fine for post-13773-126697048203_thumb.jpg casual trips off-road and I found 4WD very effective and essential in the ice. Only drawback with mine is the manual hubs . But getting out and engaging the hub before negotiating a hazard is small price to pay for not spinning in circles in front of other motorists !

• 1 month later...

i had one too,a belting little jeep :thumbs:

i used it for feeding and generally getting about.never had any trouble in the rough,wet etc.

cheap to run,insure and tax.if you can get away with the space then they are great and i would have one again now.(mine was a soft top and would be ideal for lamping on the land i have now).

waidmann

I've a 97 one that I bought -simply because I needed a vehicle fast and it was available and reasonably cheap- about 3 years ago .I really did'nt expect it to be a long term thing but as everyone has been saying -good honest vehicles with good spares availability and mechanics that don't baffle with science .

As Stubby mentioned the window mechanism needs greasing or they stiffen up and if you get heavy handed :whistling: things break .

When I took it for its first MOT under my ownership I looked down at the MOT Certificate and thought, "Hm, failure sheets have changed colour ". Then I realised it had passed first time . An event for any of my vehicles let alone one that cost so little .

I guess the cam belt would be something to change straight away if buying without a service history but that could apply to any vehicle .

Normal tyres are fine for post-13773-126697048203_thumb.jpg casual trips off-road and I found 4WD very effective and essential in the ice. Only drawback with mine is the manual hubs . But getting out and engaging the hub before negotiating a hazard is small price to pay for not spinning in circles in front of other motorists !

ive seen that thing around! green weasle, made me chuckle!

ive just bought one, had a jimny before before some bugger wrote it off for me, blinding little 4x4!

ive seen that thing around! green weasle, made me chuckle!

ive just bought one, had a jimny before before some bugger wrote it off for me, blinding little 4x4!

Glad it made you chuckle .You remembered it too!

I operated without a company name for years but but in hind-sight wish I had'nt. Everyone's reaction is similar to yours . First they laugh ,then say "actually that's quite good . We certainly won't forget it ". The name and that little Vitara (and the SJ I owned previously) have been "very good" ;) for me . Next time you spot me flash your lights or wave !All the best :thumbs:

Edited by comanche

have owned mine for 3yrs now, and as much as I like all the other 4x4's out there, my vit does anything you ask, and as you say, cheap to insure, great for getting down inbetween lines of tree's in orchards etc, a the heater is the best ever, gets hot really quick when you have numb fingers and toes :D

post-5267-126678576206_thumb.jpg

post-5267-126678579451_thumb.jpg

BYE STUBBY YER AN UGLY BUGGER MATE