Lampers young uns...

:D Well ill be honest with ya and say at present im feeling fecking chuffed to bits and proud as punch at the moment ;) .

Yesterday found the lamper family travelling down to london for the junior B.C.C.M.A {British council for chinese martial Arts} British championships.

Both my Daughter and Son were their to repesent their Club {sil lum kune},for who they have been training with for now coming up 18 months.

My daughter had competed last year and managed a silver medal in sparring which at the time was more than we expected considering her inexperience.

This year was Gonna be much more harder for her because she would now be fighting people with more experience and better ability. To be honest i was more worried than her and i dont think i was much of a help with all my so called , fathers expert advice. All i got from her was "shut up Dad....i know what im doing" :D

Anyway, She fought like a real Pro with plenty of confidence and stuck to the way she was taught to fight. Its amazing at these comps how much training goes out of the window once the whistle goes and the fights turn into a scrap :lol: . Im glad to say she never let this happen and cotrolled all the fights she competed in ;) , enough to go on Undefeted and get that great title of Junior British Champion and a Gold Medal :D . Im not affraid to admit, but i reckon i might of shed a tear or 2 and had a bit of a lump in my throat :rolleyes: .

Now to my Little fellah.., what can i say :D .

This year they had bought the age of Entry down to the age of 5 yrs , from the original 8 years, which just so happened to be the age of my boy.

When the morning came to travel down to the competion i reckon he got a bit nervous cus hes was crying and refusing to get dressed, enough so that we had to throw him on the Club coach :lol: . Anyway once he got around his little fighting buddies he settled a bit, but was still adamant he wasn't gonna fight.

Now the time had come, and he was called out to get kitted up for his first fight. I dont know what it was but he just suddenely got a bit of confidence about himself and the next thing i know he's got his gear on and he's standing at the edge of the mats. His time had come and he was ready for it! :lol:

Anyway....the fight turned into a bit of a scrap and he managed to win. He came running off the mats "ive won....ive won...ive won" . He was buzzing big time now :lol: . He then did this a few more times and managed to find himself in the situation of now fighting one more time to determine who was gonna get Gold or Siver. Ironicly he was now gonna be fighting his friend from the same club who also happened to be his instructors son.

Anyway, he put up a real good show, but ill be honest and say he was beaten easily in this fight. None of us were bothered now because he had done his best and got a Siver medal for it. He was certainaly a different little lad from the one we had to drag to the event in the first place :D .

At the minute the whole family feel real proud ;) .. even the Ferrets and the 2 Dogs are smiling :lol::lol:

Kf1.jpg

Eden aged 10 after receiveing her Gold medal.

Kf2.jpg

Young River [centre]... receiveing the Silver.

Lamps......

Guest LEARNER

LAMPER FANTASTIC, YOU ARE PROUD OF YOUR CHILDREN , AND THEY ARE PROUD OF YOU, AND IF THEY TELL ME DADDYS DOGS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD ,YOU HAD BETTER BELIEVE I WILL AGREE WITH THEM.

:diablo: i always tell my youngest its not the winning its the taken part that counts (well done too lampers kids they did u proud ) its nice to see kids doing what kids do best makeing freind from all over well done from the korean kempal club scotland :friends: