favorite fish

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Medium sized carp for me any bigger than 20 lbs and there just like a dead weight on the end of the line, or following that catching little tiny carp no bigger than 2lbs when using 2lb line and a real

Wild brown on the fly,but in a lake between county leitrim and fermanagh

there is type of trout called sonaghan unique to lough Melvin,excellent little fish to catch,

beautiful too!

yeah i live beside it.

i fished it once last year, 3 of us hired a boat for the day and between us all day we caught 1 perch.

but i/we hope to better that this year.

my daughter caught her first ever fish there as well and is mad to get back out at it this year. she is only 11 & not a bad perch it was

becks1stfishaperch.jpg

i have to say i grew up on the colebrook river fishing for trout and i loved it but having only tried for pike when i was about 25 and have never looked back since.

so i love pike fishing (and all other)

niall_b73

always wanted to go pike fishing :) would the rod i use for salmon and seatrout be ok for them ?? and i know ill need to buy wire traces and stuff

i'm sure it would do, then all you would need are wire traces, a few good lures and a bit of luck ;)

deffo worth a try

niall_b73

Wild brown on the fly,but in a lake between county leitrim and fermanagh

there is type of trout called sonaghan unique to lough Melvin,excellent little fish to catch,

beautiful too!

yeah i live beside it.

i fished it once last year, 3 of us hired a boat for the day and between us all day we caught 1 perch.

but i/we hope to better that this year.

my daughter caught her first ever fish there as well and is mad to get back out at it this year. she is only 11 & not a bad perch it was

becks1stfishaperch.jpg

i have to say i grew up on the colebrook river fishing for trout and i loved it but having only tried for pike when i was about 25 and have never looked back since.

so i love pike fishing (and all other)

niall_b73

I'd say your not to far from me niall.

I had a few lessons on colebrook wit Mr Trotter.Lol! some character,that fella.

Nice perch that,its as big as a good sonaghan.

I hear alot about good size gillaroo on melvin but have'nt had much luck with them.

ahhh alas the bold packie, lol yeah he is good value. :whistling:

jesus if i had a pound for every step he took on the colebrooke i'd be a rich man.

[bANNED TEXT] is the story with hiring boats i no the drowes fishery hires boats but i would be interested in hiring on pike waters ??

do you no of any hiring boats ??

niall_b73

Mullet brilliant fight on light line and also mackerel on light float tackle. :boogie:

what are the mullet like to eat or can they be eaten ??

i caught 1 last year on my spear gun at johns point in donegal but was told then that they were dirty fish only then to be told that if they come from a clean area (no waist pipes or the like) that they are good to eat ??

niall_b73