vets had my eyes owt wat should i use

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Camarosa, Tea tree oil, these can relieve the itching and promote coat growth get the dog a course of steds and make sure anal glands are empty

Nothing worse than watching your dog go down with skin trouble.

Firstly can i ask what colour the dog is if its a black one it could be deomadetic mange with it being a bull type also is it the first time its happened as shes a good age for it to appear now.

whats she bedded down on whats her diet at the moment all the cures mentioned may work but best to be sure as which one you need to try.

If it is normal mange and not deomedtic then benzo is the way to go.

If its deomedetic then washing in aludex and ivomec jabs will shift it but be carefull washing her in aludex as it dont suit bull breeeds dont let her chill after the bath.

Easiest way to tell the two apart is nomal mange will have pustules in it and be very inflamed deomeditc less so just a thinning of the coat.

But an alergic reaction to bedding or food can produce very simmilar results if it was mine id make sure the diets right first meat veg fish and brown bread biscuit with plenty of oil and eggs,

Then make sure the beddings right then id give it a bath and apply bezyl benzoate to the bare patches and see what happens then.atb

Nothing worse than watching your dog go down with skin trouble.

Firstly can i ask what colour the dog is if its a black one it could be deomadetic mange with it being a bull type also is it the first time its happened as shes a good age for it to appear now.

whats she bedded down on whats her diet at the moment all the cures mentioned may work but best to be sure as which one you need to try.

If it is normal mange and not deomedtic then benzo is the way to go.

If its deomedetic then washing in aludex and ivomec jabs will shift it but be carefull washing her in aludex as it dont suit bull breeeds dont let her chill after the bath.

Easiest way to tell the two apart is nomal mange will have pustules in it and be very inflamed deomeditc less so just a thinning of the coat.

But an alergic reaction to bedding or food can produce very simmilar results if it was mine id make sure the diets right first meat veg fish and brown bread biscuit with plenty of oil and eggs,

Then make sure the beddings right then id give it a bath and apply bezyl benzoate to the bare patches and see what happens then.atb

cheers mate the vet rekons its not mange like but so far they have been useles. it hapend a few year ago but was only on her ears and noise i used suddcream and it cleared straight up the vet said she must just have allerges and with her gettin older she carnt fight it off any more.i have alredy chaged her beding and deit and i give her all the oils she needs but nothing seems to be workin her hair is cumming back slowly but shes red raw and very hot. shes brindle and apart from this completely fine just carnt wait to get her put right again shes been suffering from this for a few munth now and both me and her are sick of it

• 2 weeks later...

Homeopathic Sulphur tablets sometimes help with hot itchy skin, but I reckon that dust mites in the house are the cause of my lurcher's problems: very itchy skin, no spots, mainly scratching on sides, chest, armpits and base of tail. Done all the usual stuff, tried Nu-Stock: helped but messy to use. Cereals defo made her worse: spinach is also good for skin probs: to eat not to put on skin LOL.

Often the immune system may be compromised in dogs with skin probs. Building up immune system with raw food, no cereals, fish oils etc all helps.

Bloody needle in a haystack trying to sort skin problems isn't it.