Introducing Ferrets

Well ive had the hob for around 6 months, and iv got two jills today both a year older than the the hob, when i put them in together they were snifin, then the hob started to be ruff and drag them around and scrap abit, is this normal do need to let them sort out the pecking order?

Or does he not like them in his territory

thanks

there will probely be a bit of scrap when you first introduce new ferrets that havent been kept together not 2 worry this is just a domanace thing 2 show whos boss they will soon sort it out just keep an eye on them if they still keep fighting then seperate them and try again the next day they should be ok if you find them sleeping together after all the scraping then you can go 2 bed without any worries :thumbs:

I have read up on it and it seems to be down to sorting out the pecking order, i was just asking how oter people have introduced there own ferrets, it could be a possibility thogh, thanks

thats all hes doing mate showing them whos boss he should be fine with them until they come into season which shouldent be for a while yet

most ferrets kept in a court system will have a pecking order, you'll always get little fights here and there, but ferrets are tougher than you think, so let them get on with it, just keep an eye out for any fighting that goes too far, but also at this time of year, hobs will be in season probably before the jills, if theres other hobs, they simple rag each other, if not they will try it on with the jills, my court is housing eleven mixed ferts at the moment, only have one hob "ted" alone in a cage as he was picking fights with everyone

they will stay together prehaps another month, before being split into individual cages/runs

theres

4 castrated hobs

2 intact hobs

1 snipped hob

4 jills

post-5267-126533912185_thumb.jpg