black & tan smooth coated terriers

Id have to disagree wit ya there FTB.. U dont see lakeland breeder callin them patterdales nor will u hear a patterdale breeder callin them lakelands.. No one really can say 100%without any doubt where or how the patterdale came but there not lakelands..

They dont even have any familiar characteristics..

Now the Fell TYPE is a different story as its only a type of terrier of which lakelands and patterdales can fall into..

Nah mate, you misunderstood me. I wasnt sayiny that is what i think, i was trying to explain what coyotehunter was trying to say as you said you didnt undestand.

Cheers FTB

My apologies FTB..

Your getting me all wrong here as well , what i'm trying to say is for example you have a foxhound, within that name" foxhound" there are several "Types" Modern English , Old English , Fell etc etc , Patterdales , fells , they're all Lakelands, just different strains that change from valley to valley, i'm not saying there all the same i didn't just jump off the Banana Boat !! what i was trying to say is Lakeland is and should be the general name for all those "Types" and thats what they are "Types"

unless you have a KC registered Lakeland all the rest should be regarded as types because they've got every and any working terrier in there blood

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there was a few smooth lakies came from whitehaven mate. they more than likely go back to m steels Bob he was used by a fella in the glasgow area and there was a few smooths came through in those line

Posted Images

Ive read that post over n over.. And what ur tryin to say is that the patterdale is a 'type' of lakeland? If thats what ur tryin to say i think ur wrong, if u wanna look at it that way u can jst say that the patterdale is a 'type' of terrier.. When u say its a strain of lakeland why dont they have more characteristics of the lakeland?.. I would agree that the patterdale may have working lakeland blood but to known as a lakeland, im afraid i wouldnt have any of that..

Ive read that post over n over.. And what ur tryin to say is that the patterdale is a 'type' of lakeland? If thats what ur tryin to say i think ur wrong, if u wanna look at it that way u can jst say that the patterdale is a 'type' of terrier.. When u say its a strain of lakeland why dont they have more characteristics of the lakeland?.. I would agree that the patterdale may have working lakeland blood but to known as a lakeland, im afraid i wouldnt have any of that..

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :)

post-39727-126519600469_thumb.jpgthis is when she was 8 weeks old and was more black and tan then. now if you look at her she has a big black bar going right down her back fading into tan on the sides so may be caot changing into grizzle? father balck n tan mother tan

Hi all,

I have a black & tan smooth coated terrier, her father a red lakie, mother a black smooth coated patterdale, having difficulty uploading pics of her due to file size 7 jpeg crap etc but does anyone out there have a smooth coated black & tan? Would appreciate any pics. Also get pissed off with folk saying she is neither lakie or patt cause of being black & tan but you see the rough coated variety all the time and nothing said there????

i have apupppy a bitch smooth coat mums a lakeland and dads a patterdale

Back in the day my old man got a slaithe coated lakeland up from whitehaven to work for the winter they could not find kennel room for it and one of the guys aunties put it up till it started killing cats in her garden so they took it out and on its first day dug a pair with it and although it was smooth coated and black and tan it was just a lakeland

there was a few smooth lakies came from whitehaven mate. they more than likely go back to m steels Bob he was used by a fella in the glasgow area and there was a few smooths came through in those lines :thumbs:

• Like 2

i have apupppy a bitch smooth coat mums a lakeland and dads a patterdale

If its got a mummy and daddy isnt it a little girl? you might hurt her feelings calling her a bitch.

Are you going to work the little girl dog?

• 3 weeks later...

coyote hunter dont know shit he still works doubled up russels and calls patterdales lakeland types

to be honest he needs to stop reading the crap on wikipedia and compare these two totally diffrent breeds and then make his judgement, u dont see harcombe gould or jp callin their dogs lakelands and u dont see them working dooubled up coyote hunter is stuck in the dark days i think