black & tan smooth coated terriers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there was a few smooth lakies came from whitehaven mate. they more than likely go back to m steels Bob he was used by a fella in the glasgow area and there was a few smooths came through in those line

Posted Images

We bred a litter out of a black rough bitch to a black slightly broken dog.2 b&t 3 black.we ve a unrelated pup here b&t smooth bred out of 2 rough blacks.most lads who keep patts know their breeding and there's lakie border etc in em so most I know call them "blacks" if they re black or coloured working terriers.the term Lakeland nowadays refers more to the show types.I chatted to a man who seen cyril braey with his first black.he told him the dog came from Manchester and had no bull blood.in my opinion the coloured working terriers are fells as a blanket name.the bone structure of the blacks and b&t fell type is similar.thick skinned solid dogs.Disobedient wee buggers too.

1 OF MY BALLS IS BLACK AND THE OTHER IS TAN, OH! AND THEY'RE SMOOTH COATED :thumbs:

but the big question is do they work ! ! ! :D :D :D

I heard they were just a couple show ponies. Well groomed though. lol

Edited by Mosby

well as its from working dogs id say £200 is just about spot on buddy...looks a belter...has he gone yet ?

No offence taffy apple but just because it is working don't mean it shoud be £200. Its up to the lad what he wants to charge of course. But you will find a lot of lads will give dogs away that are all from workers. There are still decent lads out there who give dogs away and then hope one day to get something back. Surely to a good working home is better than having your wallet filled.

On the other hand have to say there loving looking dogs, congrats on having them looking so well

Good hunting

Johnny85

no ofence taken johnny, your obviously blessed with a lot of good mates and experience...i on the other hand have only been in the game for 5 mins and am short of good dogs having only one 2yr old which has only just started and an 8 mth old which is a while off so to the likes of me £200 for a dog from good stock seems a bargain...if you do have any spare good dogs or bitches then let me know...colour unimportant...