airedale / greyhound

talking with a friend today about this cross while out for a mouch :) ... does anyone have one or know anyone with one that can share thier views on this cross please ????? ... i would have thought it would have made a reasonable lurcher ;)

there were some pups a few ago in the countrymans weekly with aerdale/grey in them, think the bloke was called john staveleyif its any help.

I don't know if you have much in the way of working Airedale's back home, i know over here(Canada/ USA) there are several lads that run them on Bear and wild boar and they're pretty game, there's a fella out in Michigan i think that has some Airedale x lurchers that he runs Coyote's with and there supposed to be great !!! , it there was a good working one close enough to me i'd throw one over my whippet, you'd get some pretty savage little fcukers !!! :) good for Coons :hunter:

I don't know if you have much in the way of working Airedale's back home, i know over here(Canada/ USA) there are several lads that run them on Bear and wild boar and they're pretty game, there's a fella out in Michigan i think that has some Airedale x lurchers that he runs Coyote's with and there supposed to be great !!! , it there was a good working one close enough to me i'd throw one over my whippet, you'd get some pretty savage little fcukers !!! :) good for Coons :hunter:

i hope you mean raccoon?? :whistling:

Someone brought back some decent working bred Airedales from Canada a few years ago: Redline types as well as a mixture of working strain dogs. There are a few on the ground in the UK now but the guy won't breed any more as there were too many messers and swappers getting hold of his dogs. I've got a female which I'm hoping to breed from in a year's time, but I noticed in this months's EDRD that someone had put up a male for stud from similar breeding. Be interesting to see if people use this dog and if the idea catches on over here.

I've only ever had the one Airedale but she is everything I could want in a dog:intelligent, bold, nose, prey drive, also retrieves small game well: if she could be fast enough to catch stuff in the open I'd be happy! LOL Need a bit of Greyhound in there!

post-5156-126372002995_thumb.jpg

Heres a picture of mine,useful to have around, lacks a bit of pace,great nose and drive.Good feet.Just turned one in that picture,She will be 3 this year.I would say works more like a collie cross than a bull cross, though only just clicked on some quarry.post-34325-126373347372_thumb.jpg

Heres a picture of mine,useful to have around, lacks a bit of pace,great nose and drive.Good feet.Just turned one in that picture,She will be 3 this year.I would say works more like a collie cross than a bull cross, though only just clicked on some quarry.post-34325-126373347372_thumb.jpg

nice looking dog mate :clapper:

Mars: the bulk is something that worries me a bit: compared to the English KC Airedales she is like a tank: and not very fast: she is also very stiff in her movement compared to the English ones and has absolutely no bend of stifle at all: gallops along like a rocking horse and although she's very agile for all her bulk I don't know if the shape is just too heavy to make a good lurcher. I ask myself if this conformation could be helped by crossing with a Greyhound: the only way to see is to try it I guess!

Weasle: that is a great looking dog: is it a first cross Airedale/Grey?