Perfect Morning

Decided to go out for a morning stalk yesterday morning, signs were looking good on route to the shoot; saw a large buck and a doe standing in the middle of the road, snow on the ground and very little traffic.

When I got to the shoot my optimism waned slightly the snow had frozen and very crispy/noisy when walked over so the prospect of ground stalking was nil, the fog was rolling in and out which made visibility poor and my breath in the sub zero temperatures kept fogging my binoculars too.

The ground i was shooting is hardwood/sitka spruce mix, young crop, blanket snow on the ground. On route to my selected doe box i spotted a fox coursing on the lower ground. I managed a shot a successful kill at a measured 200yds. I took up preferred position in a doe box (low seat) and later that same morning managed to bag an doe at a measured 230yds.

What made the whole day more worthwhile was that ammunition i used was home loaded .243 100gr speer SP H414 powder Fed Brass, LR primer.

An unexpected end to a thouroughly memorable day.

Happy new year to you all!!

post-29654-126251942889_thumb.jpg

Edited by chocky14u