heating advise for kennels please

hi lads i have looked back about few other threads on this but bit worryed about using heat lamps in wooden kennels from a fire risk point of view i have fitted a tube heater but doesnt really do much can anyone suggest another from of good heating for kennels love to see pics of your heating systems and would heat lamps be the best set up? thanks lads and lasses

Edited by scottish lurcher

hi lads i have looked back about few other threads on this but bit worryed about using heat lamps in wooden kennels from a fire risk point of view i have fitted a tube heater but doesnt really do much can anyone suggest another from of good heating for kennels love to see pics of your heating systems and would heat lamps be the best set up? thanks lads and lasses

why not put a oil filled radatior in :thumbs:

why not put a oil filled radatior in :thumbs:

thanks buddy
Guest little lurcher

i bought kennel heat pads ,a company called petnap do them

they dont feel that warm but when you put your hand on them you will feel a good warmth coming under the dog

try lining the shed with kingspan that tube heater should be ample then :thumbs:

have king span under all my beds ,you cant beat it ,its freezing out there and the terriers and lurcher are all toastie and warm, get a peice of king span put it on floor and sit on it for a couple of minutes ,you,ll be surprised how much heat comes back off your own body ,the stuff is a god send ,get it from any builders yard in 8x4 sheets not to expensive either :thumbs:

No heating in my sheds,the dogs are in a shed within a shed,with two sets of flaps for access,their beds are full of shredded paper.I have upped their food intake by 25%, to compensate for the cold ,and I add extra fat and cod liver oil to their feed.