New to this Forum( pics of our hounds in Ontario)

goslht, we had several good runs at the end of our season that were in the 7-9 miles mark but we have run over 12 at times, generally coyote's will only run as hard as there pushed, so on a poor scenting day they'll run more circular but if its a good scenting day they fly

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our season starts in early August and we stop when the weather gets too bad (normally mid to Late December)

here's a few pics of the hounds on quarrypost-45474-126247386725_thumb.jpg

post-45474-126247388462_thumb.jpg

post-45474-126247390405_thumb.jpg

smart photo`s someone must of done some footwork for them.?

Terrier410, the pictures were taken by me in a training pen its about 400 acres and is stocked with about 15 coyote , we use it to get pups going kinda like cubbing back home

goslht, we had several good runs at the end of our season that were in the 7-9 miles mark but we have run over 12 at times, generally coyote's will only run as hard as there pushed, so on a poor scenting day they'll run more circular but if its a good scenting day they fly

great pictures pal what hunt are you with??
  • 2 weeks later...

great pictures pal what hunt are you with??

I hunt the London hounds here in South Western Ontario, its a short season but we have a lot of fun while we can !

That looks class mate some great photos whished i could afford to come over and have a few days hunting it looks brill

consett lad, its not that dear to go. its just having the contacts. flights are approx £350 + £150 for jeep hire for ten days. then its off to stay with friends at kennels. usually works out about a grand for 10 to 14 days as your hunting most days and not spending. even motels are cheap if there are two or three of you as you pay by the room. roughly £30 per night. holiday of a lifetime. ive been 16 times in last nine years and hunted coyote in gaitor filled swamp land, bobcat, racoon, possum white tail deer and fished as well. when you add all this up its cheap. ive also been invited back to jacksonville to go pig and black bear hunting so this shall be my next adventure, Delboy.

Thanks Delboy , hows it up at your end of the woods ? when you coming over for a visit to Canada ?

This is a good Canadian coyote, the last we caught this season, he weighed in at 52Lbs, hounds ran him for about an hour and caught him in a big drainage ditch gunsmilie.gif

post-45474-126641525315_thumb.jpg

PS i'm no short arse either at 6ft 2' just to give you an idea of size

Edited by Coyotehunter

Thanks Delboy , hows it up at your end of the woods ? when you coming over for a visit to Canada ?

This is a good Canadian coyote, the last we caught this season, he weighed in at 52Lbs, hounds ran him for about an hour and caught him in a big drainage ditch gunsmilie.gif

post-45474-126641525315_thumb.jpg

PS i'm no short arse either at 6ft 2' just to give you an idea of size

That's a big old yote fella :thumbs: ...yis John