never gets marked up

hi guys

just quick one does anyone have an opinion.

i know a lad who has a lakeland dog 2 years old flys to ground and stays but never gets a mark on it.

even after a couple of hours in. im telling him that the dog is holding back and its the baying thats

doing it but he thinks best dog ever.and once you get it out dog wont re-enter earth

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any terrier that is worked consistently will get marked. I have a russell bitch that is a out and out bayer, but she still gets marked. If it is not being marked at all, it is too far away from the sharp end, which may be ok in your situation, i cant really comment.

hi guys

i know a lad who has a lakeland dog 2 years old flys to ground and stays but never gets a mark on it.

even after a couple of hours in. im telling him that the dog is holding back and its the baying thats

doing it but he thinks best dog ever.and once you get it out dog wont re-enter earth

Let me guess.....you think a terrier covered in scars, missing ears and lips makes it a good dog???

That dog is doing what a terrier is meant to do....bay! It's not all about getting a dog mashed up :wallbash:

The dog is still young and will no doubt gain a bit bravado and get a few marks but thats a good dog he has there i feel :thumbs:

Any terrier that is worked consistently will get marked. I have a russell bitch that is a out and out bayer, but she still gets marked. If it is not being marked at all, it is too far away from the sharp end, which may be ok in your situation, i cant really comment.

i have a bitch here that does fox in 20 min tops and dont get marked about she gets more bushing but to hard what would be her down fool if i wernt carefull with her i have another dog here bay all day on what you ever put him on untill you break throw but you can take him out 7 days a week on any think thats the difference your mates dog is clever which is the best if your all ways out

digging

Edited by jo54

:thumbs:

hi guys

Let me guess.....you think a terrier covered in scars, missing ears and lips makes it a good dog???

That dog is doing what a terrier is meant to do....bay! It's not all about getting a dog mashed up :wallbash:

The dog is still young and will no doubt gain a bit bravado and get a few marks but thats a good dog he has there i feel :thumbs:

i agree mate my mates terrier is the same i personally think there worth there weight in gold you can dig all the time with them there rearly off i used to think that the hard ones were the be all but now with that many eyes watching now there not worth the hassel but one in the kennel for certain situations won't go a miss :thumbs:

:thumbs:

hi guys

i agree mate my mates terrier is the same i personally think there worth there weight in gold you can dig all the time with them there rearly off i used to think that the hard ones were the be all but now with that many eyes watching now there not worth the hassel but one in the kennel for certain situations won't go a miss :thumbs:

well said mate we all learn after we lose dog after dog :thumbs::thumbs:

If dog stays till dug and every time you break through dog and quarry are their i,d say you have a decent dog that can be used week in week out through the season. Hard dogs do a job but if you only have one dog to work you mates dog sounds like the right tool for the job :thumbs: