Pirate/private packs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why dont you use pure hounds for hunting atb

i think its about the right cross for the ground you hunt mate,also trying to get them as small as possible but not to small to keep up on foot.

Trust me when beagle cross dogs go, you wont be keeping up on foot, in the past i have seen them more than once catch out in the open

Id say the wee hounds are cheaper to keep, take alot less space to keep... these are the two main reasons id say

why dont you use pure hounds for hunting atb

i think its about the right cross for the ground you hunt mate,also trying to get them as small as possible but not to small to keep up on foot.

Trust me when beagle cross dogs go, you wont be keeping up on foot, in the past i have seen them more than once catch out in the open

Id say the wee hounds are cheaper to keep, take alot less space to keep... these are the two main reasons id say

where about in scotland are you atb

I have a small pack of beagle terrier spaniel crossess currently running 6 in the pack we have accounted for 84 foxes since september hunting sundays only, very game little dogs these for what we do they dont half get stuck in to their work.

Edited by bowderdale

I have a small pack of beagle terrier spaniel crossess currently running 6 in the pack we have accounted for 84 foxes since september hunting sundays only, very game little dogs these for what we do they dont half get stuck in to their work.

post-11129-126236827322_thumb.jpg

thats an impressive tally bowderdale.

how is this dog breed in the pic mate ? is there and spanial in this dog ? :thumbs:

how is this dog breed in the pic mate ? is there and spanial in this dog ? :thumbs:

Here's some Aussie Beagles on Sambar

cookienrichard.jpg

The dog in the picture is 1/2 beagle 1/4 spaniel 1/4 russell.

Why cross the beagle with a spaniel or a terrier? Is it just to bring the size down because the beagles ive seen have been pretty small. Im loving this part or THL as ive always wanted to learn more about hounds. Every ones got bonny looking dogs.

Why cross the beagle with a spaniel or a terrier? Is it just to bring the size down because the beagles ive seen have been pretty small. Im loving this part or THL as ive always wanted to learn more about hounds. Every ones got bonny looking dogs.

i'd guess yes, to bring the size down to hunt very thick cover.

Also maybe the spaniel may mean they range less far.

Terrier blood might add a little bit of fire too.

i'd guess yes, to bring the size down to hunt very thick cover.

Also maybe the spaniel may mean they range less far.

Terrier blood might add a little bit of fire too.

I breed my russell bitch to a beagle x to bring the size up abit stop them going to ground

so there faster in cover to drive there preay out looked at diffrent x but for me the beagle was the best

lots of fire character and a great nose plus you dont have to wait all day for them :)

they have made 17 to 17 and a half tts racey type's