Hard life

This afternoon i was faced with a dilemma?? what with 3 Fallow on the deck and the prospects of an extraction imminent in total darkness,lol.

Don't over react it makes you look like a cock i kept telling myself :laugh:

The first was a Doe broadsided at about 90 yards which was accompanied by several other but she was the first to give me a clear shot after the group winded my presence.

I moved onto the next forestry block without even gralloching the beast i was that short of day light and this decision was to pay off.

Quarter of a mile away two Deer were out feeding i stalked into them with crunching leaves under foot when enough was enough at 170 odd yards away the gun went on the sticks to shoot the young Fallow yearling first.

I then shot what i thought was the mother to it but turned out to be a Prickett. Out came the camera for the posing aspect and then i made my way back to the motor to collect the first Doe. Only to find the the battery life on the camera had run out so believe it or not i managed the treble once more this season..

treble.jpg

This afternoon i was faced with a dilemma?? what with 3 Fallow on the deck and the prospects of an extraction imminent in total darkness,lol.

Don't over react it makes you look like a cock i kept telling myself :laugh:

The first was a Doe broadsided at about 90 yards which was accompanied by several other but she was the first to give me a clear shot after the group winded my presence.

I moved onto the next forestry block without even gralloching the beast i was that short of day light and this decision was to pay off.

Quarter of a mile away two Deer were out feeding i stalked into them with crunching leaves under foot when enough was enough at 170 odd yards away the gun went on the sticks to shoot the young Fallow yearling first.

I then shot what i thought was the mother to it but turned out to be a Prickett. Out came the camera for the posing aspect and then i made my way back to the motor to collect the first Doe. Only to find the the battery life on the camera had run out so believe it or not i managed the treble once more this season..

treble.jpg

Dont believe you got a treble [only kidding] well done :drink:

Edited by black lab

Struggling for words eh Drooper? I use to get that feeling too when things were hard to swallow :laugh:

Jammy that there gun is a superbly balanced completely standard Sako Finnlight 85 with a bit of padding gaffer taped to the comb on the stock.

It`s commonly know as a girlie pad, stops my tender cheek from bruising up :D

The gaffer tape also acts as a Deer attractor ;)

Vim you will upset the BOY'S with more evidence of deer grassed ! :thumbs:

I was at Northampton this morning managed two fallow prickets 87 lb and 93lb . The second was a surprise as it was in a group of 6 very big bucks and looked quite small.

I did not take any pics today [still can't get them on here anyway] as snow was 6" deep and it was very cold and crunchy.

Crunchy snow or brittle leaves the Deer hear you a mile off. It a case of keeping your eyes peeled and being able to react quickly to any movement in front of you.

I dropped those 3 off last night at the game dealers after a brief chat he said i`ll be fair with you lad so as from now i`m paying £1 a pound and promptly handed me a pile of notes :D

It`s been a good year up to yet for the Deer but this cold weather will soon knock the weight off them. The kidneys out of these three were shrouded in layers of thick white fat and looked that good there now in my fridge ;)

Is it a syndicate down Northhants or daily paid stalking?

It's paid we go once a month. But only a few lucky people get to go as the owners don't advertise or want to bother with taking stalkers out.

I was lucky to get to go as my two mates i go with have been going to this ground about 12 years,and are trusted to go where they like.

All that bollocks a while back about doing the correct courses for deer handling and your now selling them for notes with no red offal for vet inspection ,kindneys at least .You see Vim pretenders are easily found out by ramblings at a later date .Maybe you should set up a past post reader in your personal planner .Poacher ,cowboy for definate .No more lecturing anyone as you aint in a position to do so .

Foxdropper i am not sure if you are aware but the reason for doing some of the exams is so that you don't need to take any of the pluck to the game dealer . The hygiene cert means you are experienced enough to decided if the Deer is fit for the food chain or not .

Bollocks,

Maybe things are done differently in your neck of the woods but if the dealer gets a vets inspection,which is often down here ,the pluck needs to be available for his scruteny.If he finds something which the less trained eye does not and you havnt individually marked the pluck , then your whole consignment is condemned .Simple ,even for someone like me who has no deer qualifications at all .Selling for cash is old school too and the mark of a dodgey dealer who will take anything ,no traceability.