main artery and tendon damage

any body had a dog that has run after completely,severing its main tendon in the back leg.reason im asking is mate of mine he is on here il mention no names,walked his dog the other day severd her main artery and tendon i dont think she will run again.he has diffo ideas £600 vet bill fairplay to him i hope she runs but wha do you lot think.im praying 4 her to make a full recovery but i just think it will snap,hope it dont.thing is it was just a walk jumped through a bit of a stream came back jumped in the back of his van,he drove home went to the back of the van to get her out she was just limp he said luckily he is only a min drive from a vet.not the 1 he uses but he thought anything will do when he seen her and the blood,hope yah running again soon bow.any of you heard of a dog returning to work after this type of injury,atb steve

any body had a dog that has run after completely,severing its main tendon in the back leg.reason im asking is mate of mine he is on here il mention no names,walked his dog the other day severd her main artery and tendon i dont think she will run again.he has diffo ideas £600 vet bill fairplay to him i hope she runs but wha do you lot think.im praying 4 her to make a full recovery but i just think it will snap,hope it dont.thing is it was just a walk jumped through a bit of a stream came back jumped in the back of his van,he drove home went to the back of the van to get her out she was just limp he said luckily he is only a min drive from a vet.not the 1 he uses but he thought anything will do when he seen her and the blood,hope yah running again soon bow.any of you heard of a dog returning to work after this type of injury,atb steve

sounds like a bad one mate, if it severed its main artery, its lucky to be alive!!!!

It's not the artery that's the problem: they can be sown back together no problem. The worry is with the tendon. I have seen tendons successfully sown back together and they have held, but a lot depends on the expertise of the vet, the dog's general health and the dedication of the owner (not letting the dog off the lead for months, even for a pee)

I read somewhere that a diet high in red meat (beef, venison, horse etc) and Vitamin C supplements can help in these cases. I know that dogs produce their own VitC but by adding extra to the diet it can help promote healing. Make sure the dog is on a good raw diet with plenty of meat.

my mate who used to be on here has a dog that severed the 2 middle tendons of its right foot on glass it took about 6 months to heal!! its still not right but the dog will run he cant go all night anymore but none the less is able to walk properly. he went to the pdsa and got it done!! i thought it was gunna have to have its leg off when he told me but the vet told him it might or migt not work he took the chance and it has up to now, hope the dog makes a full recovery all the best...daks :)

My bitch did the same last year, the tendon was sewn back in to place on her back leg, after 4 months in a cast, a few months road walking she was back killing bunnies on the lamp. shes a 3/4 saluki and bred to run the big land, daytime, and here is where you can see the difference, she cant (not for the want of trying) run like she used to, the injury has ruined her to be honest, she cant do what she was bred for.

Now she can still knock over bunnies on the lamp as good as most and wont be going anywhere. If your friend is happy with the dog being able to catch a few here and there id say go for it, but he cant expect the dog to run like it did previously before the inncident.

It's not the artery that's the problem: they can be sown back together no problem. The worry is with the tendon. I have seen tendons successfully sown back together and they have held, but a lot depends on the expertise of the vet, the dog's general health and the dedication of the owner (not letting the dog off the lead for months, even for a pee)

I read somewhere that a diet high in red meat (beef, venison, horse etc) and Vitamin C supplements can help in these cases. I know that dogs produce their own VitC but by adding extra to the diet it can help promote healing. Make sure the dog is on a good raw diet with plenty of meat.

:clapper::clapper::clapper::thumbs:

Johnny, a good few years back my big first cross deer/gru severed his Achilles tendon,got him into vet hospital and a good few months of rest and he was back doing the business,right now I'm running a bitch that severed three tendons and cut an artery in her front foot and she's running as good as she was last season, albeit she had the full summer to rest up.

• 3 weeks later...

i broke my foreskin before while i was on the nest so i bathed it in salt water and some rest dont get me wrong i couldnt have the ride 4 a while but im back in the sack doing the buissness happy shagging :11: only jokin vegas i hope she comes right 4 longys sake cause she was a good dog in the making :thumbs: :thumbs-up:

Edited by chrisbullx

I know the fella who's dog your on about, and I hope it does come good for him, a young bitch with a lot of potential, tendon damage rarely repairs to 100% efficiency in my little experience, but hopefully it'll come good enough for him to work her again. Then there'll be no stopping Billy :clapper: (private joke)

ATB

B

mitmee im fed up of telling you,keep out of the first hole from the back of the neck! and tha thing you keep grabing on the front of your boyfriend aint a handle to make him go faster :tongue2::tongue2: .get your self a good woman youll end up like the mayor.and vegas ent my mate im a one man band,i just like riding his misses when he ent in.you nights this week fella :thumbs::whistling:

Edited by davey crocket