any good advice welcome please

hi people i had my meeting with my fao on tuesday there and he was saying that he cannot support my report for my sgc for me as i have a breech of the peace from 7 years ago and a dvla tax offence from 1 year ago1 since that breech i have studied in gamekeeping and recevied great qualifacations on shotgun and rifle use. i sent all that away with my grant as well as my basc insurance and given him all the details of the gun club i intend to shoot at he said he will put that all on the report tho. he also said my cabinet was fine ,security was fine and tried to trick me with the (were u gona keep your keys question)thankfully i was ready for him never metioned catriges or that tho seemed a little not so noligble to me am probs wrong tho.i am 27 and been intrested in wildlife and conservation from a very young age.iam from the strathclyde region if anyone has any good advice or any similaritys pleace let me know must say its a very big set back guys gals im absolute gutted

hi people i had my meeting with my fao on tuesday there and he was saying that he cannot support my report for my sgc for me as i have a breech of the peace from 7 years ago and a dvla tax offence from 1 year ago1 since that breech i have studied in gamekeeping and recevied great qualifacations on shotgun and rifle use. i sent all that away with my grant as well as my basc insurance and given him all the details of the gun club i intend to shoot at he said he will put that all on the report tho. he also said my cabinet was fine ,security was fine and tried to trick me with the (were u gona keep your keys question)thankfully i was ready for him never metioned catriges or that tho seemed a little not so noligble to me am probs wrong tho.i am 27 and been intrested in wildlife and conservation from a very young age.iam from the strathclyde region if anyone has any good advice or any similaritys pleace let me know must say its a very big set back guys gals im absolute gutted

i will defenity phone them if it does get refused thx matty

This is a bit difficult as you have already said he cannot support your application.

Bottom line is, whatever he says is likely to happen!

Any reasonable FEO will make it clear they are not happy and give you the chance of withdrawing your application. It may seem a technicality, which it is really, but withdrawing your application is better than a refusal.

That being the case I suggest discussing with the BASC immediately, to get their view on the situation and options!

Not trying to be funny but you will have to be 100% honest with them and tell them everything!!

hi there people just a little update on my sgc aplication thx alot for those who replyed and realy urged me to phone basc the man i got was great he realy was. long story short he said everything should be o.k and if i get asked to come in to the head station for an interview which they do sometimes then he stated he will be there for me so time will tell wish me luck thx again people.

hi there people just a little update on my sgc aplication thx alot for those who replyed and realy urged me to phone basc the man i got was great he realy was. long story short he said everything should be o.k and if i get asked to come in to the head station for an interview which they do sometimes then he stated he will be there for me so time will tell wish me luck thx again people.

Fingers crossed for you mate:thumbs:

If you were going to be refused your SGC they would not have done the checks and asked you a few questions regarding safety... If they have cashed your application payment then all is well, they dont cash cheques unless they are going to grant permission, if they do you can appeal and the guy from BASC will represent you as you say, i wouldnt worry to much, they have to give a good enough reason for refusal, and your convictions dont warrant a refusal, mines is far worse than yours by a long shot and i got mine OK Lothian & Borders issued it.

If you were going to be refused your SGC they would not have done the checks and asked you a few questions regarding safety... If they have cashed your application payment then all is well, they dont cash cheques unless they are going to grant permission, if they do you can appeal and the guy from BASC will represent you as you say, i wouldnt worry to much, they have to give a good enough reason for refusal, and your convictions dont warrant a refusal, mines is far worse than yours by a long shot and i got mine OK Lothian & Borders issued it.

are you a dodgy punter?:whistling: LOL. could not resist :angel:

thx alot for the advice and the confidence boost hilux and yeh they cashed the cheque at the start of november. the officer gave me the recept for it to me when he came for the interview. and for black lab dont know why you would ask me if i was a dogy punter when a have 1 breech from 7 years ago which i clearly stated and would not be wasting peoples usfull time and good advice. unless u know somthing about me i dont because people who label or try to picture somthings are often wrong.

If they have cashed your application payment then all is well, they dont cash cheques unless they are going to grant permission

Sorry but that's not true. They generally cash the cheque soon after the application has been submitted but do say they will refund in full if the application is turned down.

Allrounder,

All the best for getting your SGC in the end, best advice I can give: Stay calm, stay honest and stay factual - they can't argue with that.

hiluxmk3

But I thought they granted yours only because they couldn't prove that having no fashion sense was a crime! :D

Edited by dave1372