if the hunting ban is lifted

It would probably go to a free vote, to repeal the ban as it stands, as it was pushed through in such a bad and vindictive way, and is unworkable. Its the free vote that will be the problem, as its still upto your MP, so he or she must understand more this time of "Country sports" and not this so called "Blood Sports" mentality adopted by the anti-lot.

It would mean every thing back as it was before the ban if it was lifted, but thats a big if, but is possible.

Scotland was the big shock, a country of country sports, and "the free" and banning just about everything.

The chances are that if the Hunting with dogs issue ever goes back to be amended it is not impossible that some sorts of hunting will be once again allowed ....

But you can bet your life that it will only be by special licence and may involve certain "tests of competance " and other hoop- jumping exercises .

The Act will be reworded so strictly that just about every possible grey-area and loop-hole will be sewn-up and there may even be more restrictions on some of the things that are legal at the moment .

You can bet your life that penalties for transgression will be upgraded as well.

This is only based on my personal suspicions and I'm not out for an arguement with anyone . I could well be wrong but I think it's worth thinking about before anyone gets too excited .

Edited by comanche

the ban will never be lifted as the antis have turned too many people who once didnt really care either way with shit like what was on country file the other night about dogs apparently ripping hares apart and all the rest of the shite that they come out with.its gone to far imo.i cant see a way back but i would be nice if there was.im just not getting my hopes up.atvb

if the ban is lifed is just for fox hunting with hounds or for the working class man who likes ferreting and coursing hopeful this madness ends get less for being a dirty pedo than caught coursing etc whats your views?

I don't think the ban will ever be lifted, My take on it is people like us are ordinary everyday folk,go to work,like a wee refreshment,have a laugh with their mates and go out with the dogs when we can, on the other hand these Antis are full of peados,queers and weirdos that hide behind the anti banner, making out that they'r all do gooders and butter wouldn't melt in their mouths type.