cowdell,s willhay

just wondering about the racing whippet willhay who used to be advertised for stud in the old shooting news,i believe he was abit of a speed machine in his day,somebody told me les robinson of brigg used him regulary to add sting into his lurchers,this dog was around the timeof another whippet karl williams bow, any body still got any breeding back to these dogs just intrested.

was some dog, won against whippets and greyhounds and bred some very fast dogs. A mate put his greyhound to him the bitches turn out 21-22 and the dogs 23-24 all made top racing and catch dogs, Markbricks bitch is bred down from one of them. Cant remember the others being around at the time Max, None bred off the dogs you said about that I've seen had the drive of the ones bred in that litter off willhay.

Carl and Debbie Williams were breeding Whippet crosses at the time.

That's a blast from the past Max.... They were alway's mentioned concerning whippet grey crosses. Are they still in the dog game do you know ? ?

Not sure Breeze they were just always in the rags advertising whippet x's. Anyone wanting Whippet blood in there stock nowdays would be hard pressed to go by Wor John based in the N East and Supa Blue now based nr Guisborough N Yorks way, both are getting on in years so get in fast.

hi max i don t think worjohn is at stud anymore mate, as his owner andy died last month,supa blue is to old now, his owner is a good mate of mine,but he has a dog which is supablue s son at stud atb BB

Hi barnslyben really sad to hear of andys death did not know he had passed away. Andy was one of the most respected men involved with whippets .I knew andy&molly a long time i met andy when he had Wor lad & Wor Hinney . Molly sold me my first whippet one of the best whippets i ever had Highmain piper i have many good memories of andy a true gent rip mate.

Edited by Nobby

hi all, just for interest who do you have now which good hard bloods through good pups

Bigland boy nonped racing champion is throwing determined keen pups i know me and my mates got one out of him and have no need to worry about their drive as if it moves they try and nail it my mates 11 month old pup nailed a cock pheasent as it flushed the other day no mean feat for a young dog.atb dell

There are some tremendous non-ped Whippets around just now, and I'm supprised they aren't used more in Lurcher breeding. I still go to the local Whippet track on a saturday, and to see some of the scratch dogs doing times I would have thought impossible years ago is a great sight to watch. these dogs are heavily Greyhound blooded, but bred down to around 20-40 lb. surely crossed with a good lurcher they should produce decent offspring ?

Cheers.

Cheers Poacher 3161. How old do you think a good dog can go on producing good pups. I would like to use a dog such as Bigland boy oover my kelpie cross but it would have to be when the times right and that may not be all that soon due to one thing or another.

Finn.

Cheers Poacher 3161. How old do you think a good dog can go on producing good pups. I would like to use a dog such as Bigland boy oover my kelpie cross but it would have to be when the times right and that may not be all that soon due to one thing or another.

Finn.

Thats some thing i don't think i am qualified to realy comment on as a noted stud dog in my area went unfertile after he was 10 but know doubt dogs can still produce after a certain age the quality of the pups [bANNED TEXT] useing an old dog is open to debate.atb dell