list of kit

:clapper:

This is a list of gear i take with me when at foxes in ireland,

1) b&f locator and collar, spare batteries for both, spare magnet to turn it on, small screwdriver

2)torch and spare batteries

3)fibreglass handled spade shovel

4)grafter shovel

5)4' crowbar

6)FOLDING SHOVEL

7)12g semi-auto

8)sharp knife

9)first aid kit for me and dog, detol

10)thick gloves

obviously i take bags and wet weather gear too

and yes before you ask i near forgot to say a terrier as well.(currently running my uncles russell, my terrier is too young)

Anyone using different kit? and is there a reason for doing so?

Im happy with the set up i use.

are ya sure your goin hunting and not takin on the taliban? john rambo would be proud of that gear :clapper:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the gear stays in the landy at all times, along with a chainsaw and bill hook, i use alot of the same kit when tidying up around the farm

the more kit you have the more you can use, in tricky spots

sounder79 i suppose you just use a soup spoon and the force.

as for the gloves, if you have never been bitten by a fox, keep it that way by wearing gloves, i use them to get fox outta hole

the gear stays in the landy at all times, along with a chainsaw and bill hook, i use alot of the same kit when tidying up around the farm

the more kit you have the more you can use, in tricky spots

sounder79 i suppose you just use a soup spoon and the force.

as for the gloves, if you have never been bitten by a fox, keep it that way by wearing gloves, i use them to get fox outta hole

dont forget now to turn on the sat nav in the landy to tell ya where the foxes are hidding :boogie: they probrably see you comin anyway he he hup!

ye all can laugh at this but we bring package of baby wipes wouldnt go without them :laugh: clean dogs eyes wounds ears etc handy if you get to have a shit cleans bellman and flint plus cleans hands after handling game how many times after hard dig eating grub and smell of ur hands :clapper::clapper: everyone to there own way lads

you are all saying i bring too much, i idea of me asking the question was to find out what everyone else brings, if its less gear, what is it then, what would be your bare essentials,

some of the stuff i've listed isn't essential, but gets the job done no fuss

Bringin all that gears fine if you have the luxury of drivin round in a jeep to check earths.But if like me you have to do it the hard way on foot every ounce counts so you keep it to minimum, T-bar,small shoulder bag with folding spade,folding saw,fox nets and small water bottle inside.Collar on the dog and locator in pocket all you need facin a 5 to 10 mile hike. a.t.b Burrowman.

Bringin all that gears fine if you have the luxury of drivin round in a jeep to check earths.But if like me you have to do it the hard way on foot every ounce counts so you keep it to minimum, T-bar,small shoulder bag with folding spade,folding saw,fox nets and small water bottle inside.Collar on the dog and locator in pocket all you need facin a 5 to 10 mile hike. a.t.b Burrowman.

where did you get the folding spade from and is it a quality bit of kit?