WORSE X OWNED

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know I'll get shit off the Collie guy's, but the worst dog I've ever had was a Collie/Greyhound !! It could jump like a stag, was biddable, caught a rabbit or two, but never made the grade as a lamper, and was far to slow to get near a hare ! O.K., I might have got a wrong 'un, but it put me off Collie X's for life !!

Cheers.

THATS THE WORSE X I BEEN GETTING RINGING IN MY EARS FOR YEARS MATE NOT SAYING THEY NO GOOD JUST WHAT WAS SAID BY FEW GUYS I GO WITH DOGS :thumbs:

There's good and bad in all breeds and you cant judge a whole breed off simply just one dog..

i myself have had the worse problem with a saluki cross tried to get it to do a thing for me was torture it just ran round the fields relentlessly i took the tw4t out lamping and it was scared of the dark so it got its knackers off and give to a old man...

yet i still run a saluki cross and a collie cross

1/4 alaunt 1/4apt 1/2 grey not a word of lye me and luke. of this site went out with it when i got it i was told 100% on lamp went out and it didnt av a clue wernt watching or nothing sliped it on a squatter and it just took of [bANNED TEXT] looking for it and it was asleep at some haybails :icon_redface::icon_redface: Edited by out lamping

OK PEOPLE WHATS THE WORSE PURE OR X YOU EVER HAD AND REASON FOR THIS BEING YOUR WORSE DOG CHEERS :thumbs:

Now, This answer is from personal experience, my worst was a 1st cross whippet Greyhound. He moved like greased weasel shite, but threw toes like they were going out of fashion :censored: , his skin tore like toilet tissue and you would think he was an undercover :ninja: saluki, no recall ability when looking at something he might want to chase. which was everything :crazy: . i'm merely answering the question, not judging anyone elses dogs so no cowboys on high horses please. :cheers:

in most cases why people get mmmmmm..lets call them not so good lurchers... is because they dont do there homework on the parent,s before they purchase a pup....some just dont make the grade i agree...

but if you do your homework..and get the type of lurcher for the type of terrain and type of quarry your going to run your halfway there...just my humble opinion..... :whistling: .....

That has little to do with things like poor feet, crap coat, inbred agression. If you land with a pup with one or all of these issues :big_boss: . the question is surely there for people to answer from their own experience, not for people to judge all and sundry 8)

Just my interpretation of the question mind. :bye:

in most cases why people get mmmmmm..lets call them not so good lurchers... is because they dont do there homework on the parent,s before they purchase a pup....some just dont make the grade i agree...

but if you do your homework..and get the type of lurcher for the type of terrain and type of quarry your going to run your halfway there...just my humble opinion..... :whistling: .....

The worst lurcher I have ever seen was bred out of the best bitch that ever took a hare [according to the owner of the bitch], this guy made his reputation out of this one bitch. I also bred one of my better dogs 1st x deer/gru with a full gru bitch, kept a bitch for myself, flying machine, hunted, carried to hand, went through barb wire like a chipper, gave it away to boys that went for white hares,that was its level.

MY WORST EVER HAS 2 BE A HANCOCK 5/8 GREYHOUND 3/8 COLLIE(BEARDIE/BORDER MIX) FM THE STUD DOG ENOCH IN 1992. GREW IN2 A BIG STRAPPING 26INCH ROUGH COATED BEAST. KEPT HER TILL SHE WAS OVER 2 YRS OLD. DOG CLEARLY HAD NO LOVE 4 ME BUT WE GOT OVER REFUSING 2 COME 2 HAND BY CONSTANTLY CARRYING A BAG OF CHEESE TIT BITS.PERSEVERED & JOINED A DOG TRAINING CLASS.BITCH WAS A BIT LOOPY BUT DAILY WORK RESULTED IN HER GAINING A BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED CERTIFICATE ON SAME NIGHT WHEN POLICE DOG HANDLER TESTED DOGS PUT FORWARD 4 DOG TRAINING AWARDS. SADLY WHEN IT CAME 2 WORKING HER SHE NEVER HUNTED OR USED HER NOSE/LACKED THE PACE OR AGILITY 4 DAYTIME RABBITS & WASNT MUCH BETTER ON THE LAMP. WOULDNT EVEN LOOK AT A FOX OR SOMETHING MORE EDIBLE & WASNT FAST ENOUGH ON MANY WHITE HARES.HAD A TOTAL LACK OF ANY ABILITY.TOTAL LUMP OF A DOG.

Edited by Endgame

mine was a colly x grey only got it as a kennel mate(who turned out fine) it was about 12 months old when i got it.

good catch dog but ate everything it caught took no fkn notice on recall,would fk off free hunting and thought the lamp was a candle lit dinner.

came a cropper on slug pellets,gready twat thet it was.

mine was bull grey x collie grey boy told me it was sound , but as i found out the only thing it wanted to kill was sheep , that was last adult dog i bought get them as pups bred off good honest working dogs and put the work in to the little critter and the end result is ur doing