kerry blue at trials

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terriermen at a show in the 60s. Co. Carlow I believe.

I've got a few some are mine others are close friends and relatives of the men that kept them dogs. Most of them are not with us anymore, so seeing this forums a bit slow at the minute I thought I'd s

Posted Images

My grandad had Kerrys back in the late 40's, he had 'em brought over. When he told me and showed me the photos as a kid, I, in typical schoolboy fashion was well impressed and quoted the write up from my trusty 70's Observers book of dogs. 'Oh yer, they were fiery enough' he told me, 'fight with everything but full of piss & vinegar!'

I didn't know what he meant and asked, he said he had collies that were tougher!!

By the time I was a kid my Grandad always had collies, not the show type mind, he was never a supporter of shows but he did tell me that before the Kerrys, before the war, he kept Bull Terriers and though I doubt he ever worked 'em, I know they were never bred for the show bench.

Also, i'd add to anyone who thinks it would be good to re-vamp a usless breed by adding other stuff to the mix... Why fecking bother... Let 'em go... Get a Wheaton or a Glen... Why 'pimp 'em up' when they'd still always be bettered...!!

I'll see if I can get the photos up of those Kerrys.

So where's the photos then ?????

Come on mate!

Don't be telling people to get a Wheaten, Jesus, you'll have a queue in 2 years of lads dropping them off with you saying it is all your fault hahaha.

They are to put it mildly a lot of dog.

• Like 2

Next time I go to me mams i'll dig 'em out mate..!! :yes:

Yep, your right, putting a post up tellin folk to go for a wheaten is a bit much on an open forum but then i'd rather that than helmets thinking they can 're-create' a usless breed... Theres enough shite out there!

If anyone however does drop any off here, they'll be most welcome and i'll find 'em all decent and loving homes... You an Tim have plenty of kennel space... :laugh:

;)

Yep, your right, putting a post up tellin folk to go for a wheaten is a bit much on an open forum but then i'd rather that than helmets thinking they can 're-create' a usless breed... Theres enough shite out there!

If anyone however does drop any off here, they'll be most welcome and i'll find 'em all decent and loving homes... You an Tim have plenty of kennel space... :laugh:

;)

Tim is much calmer than me, I'm sure his would be a different dog :thumbs:

Mine is a hyper maniac, out 3 times a day and still crazy, I know what he needs but .......

Maybe a treadmill might help I think.

To bury the little tw@t under :laugh:

• Like 1

;)

Mine is a hyper maniac, out 3 times a day and still crazy, I know what he needs but .......

Cant you get him a little tug toy? :lol:

;)

No mate... Its because he's a closet nutcase, that his dogs just can't compete and calm down..!! :laugh:

Good article there STABS ,very good write up on PETER GORMAN ,

AND MAY ALL CREDIT GO TO THE MEN WHO,S STILL KEEPING THE WHEATEN GOING .

HERE HERE JIMMYS SHOP :toast: :toast: :toast:

this thread is almost 3 years old! Hard to believe.

why ?

because the last post was made by jimmys shop in november 2009 then it was restarted by steel toecapboot on 1st october, its been lieing dormant for nealry 3 years.

wats your prablem adam ..... can i not agree wif .... jimmys shop ..... old threads are there to be read and i do ........ and if i want to reply to them i will ............in fact there is a few old ones am reading this week and i might answer them so there ........................ :yes: :yes:

You need to chill out. It was not negative remark just an observation. Jimmy s shop is an acquaintance of mine so that should show no harm intended.

• 3 weeks later...

LYING DORMANT 7 MONTHS KNOW ALL !!! LAST POST WAS MADE BY BEARINATOR ON THE 15TH OF MARCH 2012. post-71837-0-21275600-1349193951.gif. WHAT HAS YOUR KAKS IN A TWIST ANYWAY :hmm:

My mistake your right I was wrong but the reply to Jimmys Shop by steeltoecap boot was almost three years apart. No need to be calling me a know all and making comments about my boxer shorts.

apology accepted skinny no harm done :thumbs:

LYING DORMANT 7 MONTHS KNOW ALL !!! LAST POST WAS MADE BY BEARINATOR ON THE 15TH OF MARCH 2012. post-71837-0-21275600-1349193951.gif. WHAT HAS YOUR KAKS IN A TWIST ANYWAY :hmm:

My mistake your right I was wrong but the reply to Jimmys Shop by steeltoecap boot was almost three years apart. No need to be calling me a know all and making comments about my boxer shorts.

apology accepted skinny no harm done :thumbs:

Sorry lads it was all my fault :cray: