SHOULD THERE BE A NEW SECTION

well, if it gets put up in the dog section, there's your reason, a mod is simply moving it to the for sale/swap section, under livestock,

the same goes when we get simular posts in the ferret section, so in answer to your question, theres no need, simply get members to post in CORRECT section, and save US from having to mod another section

well, if it gets put up in the dog section, there's your reason, a mod is simply moving it to the for sale/swap section, under livestock,

the same goes when we get simular posts in the ferret section, so in answer to your question, theres no need, simply get members to post in CORRECT section, and save US from having to mod another section

:hmm: well how come a member put 2 greyhounds up for stud only last week and the post was moved and PINNED in the sub forum GREYHOUNDS? Obviously it must of been one of the other mods who did that.

So a seperate section specifically for stud dogs may not be such a bad idea?

Y.I.S Leeview

I think it would be sensible to have a "For Stud" section, then theres no excuse about putting up in the wrong section is there. A picture, size type, breed , location and price would also be advisable. Good idea.

stud= money

Dogs for sale= money

other animals for sale =money

a peddlars dream ...

and as for using racing greys for studs well thats another matter for discussion imo

Well spoken JT750.

Whats the need for a stud section?? If a genuine dog man was looking a stud for their working terrier/lurcher would you look on THL or would you get onto contacts you know through the grapevine that know where there are genuine stud dogs. Would you take the word from some lad on the net that is kennel blind or from your local contacts that have your interests at heart and know what your after?

:hmm: Well,.I think a section showing potential Stud Dogs,..on offer,.would be a good thing for this unique,..Hunting Man's website. :yes:

This is arguably the biggest and most prestigious site of its kind in the UK ,..and it is foolish not to utilise whatever facilities that are available..

Also,..it will be good to see a plethora of nice clear images of beautiful lurchers,.and terriers...

Photos are the life blood of a website, they keep folk interested and promote debate.

So,.lets get to it... :laugh:

peddlers paradise :whistling:

Agree. like tassa said if your looking for a service then your own contacts are usually enough. a stud section would have all the peddlers putting every dog with a dick on, silly idea if you ask me. far too many armchair hunters on this site but i like this site for the few and far between genuine doggie men (women) on it, as for pictures aye there great to see but i wouldnt only be on this just to see other dogs the info you can get from some of the lads (lasses) is handy as feck.

As far as im aware, people could already put up dogs for stud service in the for sale section.... so theres wont be no harm in making a section for this specific purpose, it will help to organise the site if anything wont it? anyway, as its still a public forum, im sure THL'ers will voice their opinions if they feel theres a peddler in our midst. :victory:

But what if there is actually a better animal available through this site? Would you still go to the local dog? Not everyone on here is a backstabbing money minded crook you know.... I just hope the genuine ones with tested dogs are brave enough. At the end of the day, its always down to the individual to sort the wheat from the chaff. Good luck

Edited by dogs-n-natives