landrover freelander

hi guys

i am thinking of getting a freelander mainly as they are reasonably priced and wonderd if enyone has got one or had one

are they eny good for getting around offroad mainly fields and grasslands

eny comments welcome

Like any other car you get bad ones and good ones, I have been lucky with mine, Had it four years now and its never let me down, i travel 40 miles a day its done 130,000 miles on an x reg, It passed the MOT this afternoon too with no troubles, They are no hardcore offroad vehicle but ideal for what i ask of it get you around the fields etc,

All the best

iv had 2 freelanders 03 plate and a 04 plate. if you want a good 4x4 dont buy one.

if you want to give an opinion on one go and buy one.

i did.... never again.

have to agree with the above they really are keek

i had an o4 reg and it always ran on 3 cylinders till warm and didnt pull well at all

handled like a burst couch as well and it only had 90k on

sorry but it had to be said

Ive never had one been been in a few, i honestly didn't think they were any good at all. For the money i think you would be better off with something like a suzuki vitara which is a cracking little jeep in my opinion. Reliable and good off road with selectable 4x4 not this crappy viscous coupling jobby like the freelander or honda crv.

iv had 2 freelanders 03 plate and a 04 plate. if you want a good 4x4 dont buy one.

if you want to give an opinion on one go and buy one.

i did.... never again.

Agreed! Had 2 myself and would definately NOT have another. 1st one (Rreg) was an absolute pig. at 55000 miles the water pump went thus blowing the cylinder head and was slow as feck. Second one, an 03 plate Kalahari was, as I thought at the time a bargain :doh:. Great interior, all the toys and 1/2 decent in the field. @ 77000 tapits are away, faulty electrics, 2 water pumps later and various front end mechanical problems. OK for the school run but not partial to country life......ie DOGS. The boot space is shit! DON'T DO IT MATE :thumbdown:

ARE we talking the petrol verson or the deisel ???????????? ive heard the deisels are good , different engine in them ???????????/

I've had 3 diesels when working for my last company and the only good thing I could say about them is the fuel consumption! Other than that total S**T. 1st one had to be recovered after 3 days!!!!! I've towed many things with other vehicles no probs but if you want to tow anything above about 500kgs forget it, you end up having to change the clutch cylinders.

All three were that bad I had Land Rover assistance on speed dial :icon_redface:

ATB George