i dont normally post in the shooting section as im into working dogs mostly but today i had a mooch with OLD albert on some land of his and his guns, as soon as we got through the gate i managed to get a crow but it was sat in a tree :D we then had a walk round and got 2 partridge and 2 pheasants, we then decided to have ago at afew bunny sets in which it was suppose to be alberts go to shoot as i would do the ferreting, as soon as i put the ferrets in alberts phone rang, so he passed me the gun, well 5 bolted and i managed to get 3 of them :D soz albert but you shouldnt of answered your phone, we then managed another 2 more, we then had a walk to a little pond where theres afew ducks on, i went to one side and albert went to the other side, when they lifted they came straight over my side, i had ago with first barral and missed but managed to get one with second, we think it was a little teal which was like lightning when flying over me, think it was just luck that i hit it,we then decided to call it a day, on our way out i managed a magpie aswell, we left the crow and magie for old charlie in which ile be back for with dogs, to say im not much of shooting man but i enjoyed it, before and after

No not a Teal mate, thats definitely a Green Winged Scaup. Only been 2 previously recorded in the British Isles, you will probably get a mention in next months RSPB magazine :clapper: Maybe as good idea to swatt up on your quarry identification guide before you go out next time :thumbs:

No not a Teal mate, thats definitely a Green Winged Scaup. Only been 2 previously recorded in the British Isles, you will probably get a mention in next months RSPB magazine :clapper: Maybe as good idea to swatt up on your quarry identification guide before you go out next time :thumbs:

theres 3 now then,think ile stick with dogs then, only 2 sightings in the british isles, they must be doing a shit job then because there must of been a good 20/30 of them :clapper: ile try for another one and take a better pic of it, :D Edited by CO CHISE

WELL TWICHER ( BELL ), IVE SWATTED LIKE YOU SAID AND ITS DEFINITELY A GREEN WINGED TEAL AND ( NOT ) A GREEN WINGED SCAUP BUT NEXT TIME ILE GET THE BINOCULARS OUT FIRST AS ITS FLYING OVER ME JUST BEFORE I PULL THE TRIGGER ;) THIS IS WHY I DONT POST IN THE SHOOTING SECTION, THIS IS WHAT I GOT

i dont normally post in the shooting section as im into working dogs mostly but today i had a mooch with OLD albert on some land of his and his guns, as soon as we got through the gate i managed to get a crow but it was sat in a tree :D we then had a walk round and got 2 partridge and 2 pheasants, we then decided to have ago at afew bunny sets in which it was suppose to be alberts go to shoot as i would do the ferreting, as soon as i put the ferrets in alberts phone rang, so he passed me the gun, well 5 bolted and i managed to get 3 of them :D soz albert but you shouldnt of answered your phone, we then managed another 2 more, we then had a walk to a little pond where theres afew ducks on, i went to one side and albert went to the other side, when they lifted they came straight over my side, i had ago with first barral and missed but managed to get one with second, we think it was a little teal which was like lightning when flying over me, think it was just luck that i hit it,we then decided to call it a day, on our way out i managed a magpie aswell, we left the crow and magie for old charlie in which ile be back for with dogs, to say im not much of shooting man but i enjoyed it, before and after

Tell you what bud, That sounds like a belting day out, I'm well envious. Good shooting.

Regards,

Pete

WELL TWICHER ( BELL ), IVE SWATTED LIKE YOU SAID AND ITS DEFINITELY A GREEN WINGED TEAL AND ( NOT ) A GREEN WINGED SCAUP BUT NEXT TIME ILE GET THE BINOCULARS OUT FIRST AS ITS FLYING OVER ME JUST BEFORE I PULL THE TRIGGER ;) THIS IS WHY I DONT POST IN THE SHOOTING SECTION, THIS IS WHAT I GOT

Excellant work CC, and yes i can twitch with the best of them :icon_eek: Nice to see you have identified it as a Green Winged Teal :icon_eek::clapper:

Excellant work CC, and yes i can twitch with the best of them :icon_eek: Nice to see you have identified it as a Green Winged Teal :icon_eek::clapper:

well bell, i mite have this wrong but it seems like you have a problem here or with me ?, ive posted of a good day out only to be judged at what i got, it is a common teal and if your not aloud to shoot them this time of year then ile try to take more care next time as there will be more chances at them, but it wont be wasted and ile let you know what it tasted like and send you the recipe :D Edited by CO CHISE