Wet Again!!!

Can anyone recommend a quality waterproof jacket? :hmm: Not being a fair weather man, I've just come in again for the second time today looking like a drowned rat! Over the years I've had numerous hunting coats including my current seeland jacket worth £150 but to me it's not worth a carrot! :thumbdown: I don't want to look like an action man walking down the street so real tree isn't really what I'm looking for.

Not cheap but worth It. Bought mine a good few years ago and It's still never let me down unlike some of the new deerhunter crap I've had. Really warm, high collar which Is great for keeping the wind and rain out. I paid 200 for the Kodiak and the baseball hat on special offer and It was worth every penny. I'm now saving for the trousers after trying the Deerhunter monta's out and getting soaked through. The Kammo Is suprisingly resiliant to barbed too.

http://www.ekmpowershop1.com/ekmps/shops/k...ackets-13-c.asp

Not cheap but worth It. Bought mine a good few years ago and It's still never let me down unlike some of the new deerhunter crap I've had. Really warm, high collar which Is great for keeping the wind and rain out. I paid 200 for the Kodiak and the baseball hat on special offer and It was worth every penny. I'm now saving for the trousers after trying the Deerhunter monta's out and getting soaked through. The Kammo Is suprisingly resiliant to barbed too.

http://www.ekmpowershop1.com/ekmps/shops/k...ackets-13-c.asp

Cheers pal. I don't mind paying for something that actually does what it says on the tin. Might have to do a bit of overtime or see what father christmas brings!

I've tried most of the others and have stuck with the Kammo. I requested a catalog from them and In that It had a small patch of sample material. This was a good few years back but see If they still do these as you'll be suprised at the strength of It. Mines got neumerous small thread pulls where It's been hung up or barbed but It doesn't rip easily. It's still 100% waterproof and It's been used aswell as abused.

Sick of expensive gear that doesn't live up to expectations.

I've got a German army surplus Goretex parka - £40.00, kees me dry as a bone, not the warmest of jackets though, so on Saturday, I traeted myself to a green waterproof jacket from Aldi - £24.99 , zip in/out fleece.

Had it on most of today - bloody great.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_11362.htm

I bought the green one by the way. ;)

Modern goretex is lightweight and keeps the water out for an hour or two - I have a Mountain Equipment top of the range coat that I use 'for best' - but in the real torrential continuous downpours you really cannot beat a Barbour wax. I have had a couple of Solway Zippers over the years (even had one of mine appear in a Barbour advert in the 1980's) and though they are not light, and can get a bit warm in the summer, they certainly keep the very worst of British weather out.

OTC

Sick of expensive gear that doesn't live up to expectations.

I've got a German army surplus Goretex parka - £40.00, kees me dry as a bone, not the warmest of jackets though, so on Saturday, I traeted myself to a green waterproof jacket from Aldi - £24.99 , zip in/out fleece.

Had it on most of today - bloody great.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_11362.htm

I bought the green one by the way. ;)

Pink not your colour then??? :D

Guest bullterrier

try these mate Protak: 01625 590140 www.protak.com i know there for fishing but i fished a match today five hours in the rain and wind and i was bone dry they will make your suit which ever colour you want check them out well worth the money .. :thumbs: ...john