Hare coursing on BBC

Just one more attempt to get this post back on track........lets say I dont care whether you catch hares or rabbits.........

Do you think the claims of thuggery are fair.......?

Do you think the claims of poaching are fair.......?

Why is it a God given right to abuse others and poach their land?

Hands up...I am a boring person who does not hunt with lurchers:)

when you talk about poaching does that include people driving round at night shooting out the car window that never step foot on the land, just shooting animals for the fun of it.

no i dont think of thuggery is fair but do you think the farmer is going to be fair when he approaches them.

i can remmember a time when i was walking the dogs late 1 night when a farmer slammed his brakes on and jumped out of his landrover screaming to shoot my dogs if he seen me on his land. he shown me no respect when i hadnt even done owt wrong , so he got none back , he soon got back in his landrover when i screamed back at him that he had more to lose than me.

and as for poaching it would be hypocritical for most people to say they have never poached even the ones with permission .

poaching as always been away of life for the hunter whether some like it or not.

always treat others as you expect to be treated yourself WITH RESPECT. if you get none back then give none back

atb jackard

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that the kind of hunting activity portrayed in that program,is how the majority of lurcher boys hunt?

In my experience,

90 percent of the lurcher boy's that are caught on my land are either.

''ILLEGALLY'' hare coursing, Stealing,ripping the shit out feeder's (for no reason what so ever)

Or the one that really pisses me off, Sending 3 massive dog's (lurcher deerhound mongrel thing) on a Yearling buck in which the deer has no chance of survival atall- and certainly not sporting, it then get's caught and it quite literally ripped apart alive... once you stop the arsehole's in tracksuit's they say ''Yeah, Ehm were going to eat that you know.''

When clearly they have no skinning knife's and no intention's to gralloch the beast. ( not to mention the dog's had eaten half the carcass)

Sorry to get a rant like this, I know there is genuine people out there. But i have no respect for the arsehole's that poach my maintained land :thumbdown::censored:

Cheer's

No offence, but your're 17 years old, I've got hairs on my arse with more life experience than yourself! :laugh:

If you happen to live in an area where 90% of the lurcher boys are as you say they are then I feel sorry for you, but remember Britain is a big place...

ive been poaching for 30 yrs and aint had much grief of farmers but i think the farmer on the programme was refering to 4x4 poaching,showing tracks across his fields,and can you blame him,thats his livelihood and some idiot drives his scooby over it,ok if youve got permission to do so but if not then fecking walk :wallbash:

Probably one of the most sensible reply's to this thread. Couple of points I'd like to make.

1) blatantly driving around fields without permission and slipping the dogs on whatever wrecking crops, fences then threatening the farmer because he has the cheek to try and stop you is not poaching. These folk deserve everything thats coming to them.

2) I never left anything that my dogs caught and I always took care to make sure I left no evidence that I had been on land that I shouldn't have.

3) Yes we'd all love to have permission but it's not always possible especially if there's a shooting syndicate involved

Poaching isn't rocket science it's been going on for thousands of yrs and will continue look after we have shuffled of this mortal coil. As for the media the shit they write is only good for one thing but unfortunately theres always the odd moron who thinks it's ok to have a few dogs rip the shit out of something and leave it lying in the middle of a field to be found by landowners etc. These are the people who are the biggest threat to lurcher owners :thumbdown:

ive been poaching for 30 yrs and aint had much grief of farmers but i think the farmer on the programme was refering to 4x4 poaching,showing tracks across his fields,and can you blame him,thats his livelihood and some idiot drives his scooby over it,ok if youve got permission to do so but if not then fecking walk :wallbash:

Probably one of the most sensible reply's to this thread. Couple of points I'd like to make.

1) blatantly driving around fields without permission and slipping the dogs on whatever wrecking crops, fences then threatening the farmer because he has the cheek to try and stop you is not poaching. These folk deserve everything thats coming to them.

2) I never left anything that my dogs caught and I always took care to make sure I left no evidence that I had been on land that I shouldn't have.

3) Yes we'd all love to have permission but it's not always possible especially if there's a shooting syndicate involved

Poaching isn't rocket science it's been going on for thousands of yrs and will continue look after we have shuffled of this mortal coil. As for the media the shit they write is only good for one thing but unfortunately theres always the odd moron who thinks it's ok to have a few dogs rip the shit out of something and leave it lying in the middle of a field to be found by landowners etc. These are the people who are the biggest threat to lurcher owners :thumbdown:

I'd agree with all of that Undi. :yes::thumbs:

you obviously have more patience than me undisputed,thats virtually word for word what i was gonna write but shortened it down instead :clapper::victory:

Thats exactly right.

All this trouble is due to the enforcement of an unjust law. i, and many others no doubt, will not abide by it but this opens the door to breaking other laws. if what was legal becomes illegal, as has happened, then there is no point worrying about permission as the sport itself is illegal.

i have no time for threatening behaviour on either side as its bound to escalate and no one wins. As for driving over crops and breaking gates etc then my sympathy is with the farmer, if your careful and not blatant then theres little harm done.