WHATS GOOD ABOUT BRITAIN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is far too many wonderful things about our unique countryside to list on a forum such as this. I will leave the cities and their buildings/history for those that know about such things, personaly i would level the lot and see nature take back what has been taken from it!

But i suppose when i think about it, the most wonderful thing about our country is the people, superbly intelligent beings, and forums of this calibre just go to demonstrate that human quality :laugh:

Edited by John Keswick

as being english .. i cant be arsed about reading the posts in this thred .... all id say is

we as dog men we have always got the mighty hooch

long live the hooch

hes gone whare other collie x have not gone [bANNED TEXT]

:angel::blink:;)

fecking collie x ..... if it wasnt for hes balls hed be sharke bait

erm bobbys back :clapper::clapper: and thank feck

hte area that i live in east anglia in the autumn around the feilds and forest's all the colour in the trees cold sharp mornings mooching about with the dogs. winter up north norfolk for the wild fowl on the wash and broads marshes late evening.

just returned from a long weekend in derbyshire peak district absolutley stunning from the top of mamtor in castleton. and going round ladybower resevoir's(if thats how you spell it ?) early in the morning.

basically just being able to get out early in the morning what ever time of year as its all a spectical when there is no 1 around but you and mother nature not a finer sight with the human eye.

A curling high pheasent or mabye a night time 3lb sea trout even a jinking rabbit this is GB at its best :clapper:

defo mate standing on your peg warming the hands watching the beaters starting to line out on the first drive finger on the safety gun up and waiting fior that first shout look up and watch a high flying bird curling over head.

Guest lurchers&terriers
Finished work early today so went for a mooch with the dogs. Walking down the woodsides with a strong wind blowing sycamore leaves out into the fields and watching my dogs twitch when they saw them all keyed up for the coming season ready for the bolters. Set me thinking all you hear is the downside of britain so what do you like about it, for me its just going out when you want, and doing what you want. :big_boss:

whats good about Brittan. well its not the women thats for sure. the polish women coming over make ours look a bit poor lol.

its a unique island nation with 4 countries with different languages and cultures. the history of this island is fascinating some grim some shocking but fascinating all the same. If you go to north west wales most communities don't speek English and some people cant speak English. i got my views on how i would like the future to shape out but as a island and as people were unique.

In the spring ....i like the amphibians crawling out of hibernation to find water to breed in. The fresh buds of the birches, catkins that leave a puff of yellow pollen floating in the breeze once disturbed. Nature awakes from her winter sleep. Wood anenomes with their delicate white petals. Coltsfoot growing day by day, looking forward to the moment it can flower. Coltsfoot was one of the first wild flowers i ever learnt the name of. Finding the first Mistle thrushes nest of the year. The first truly "warm" day that you know you have put the worst of the weather behind you. Hedgehogs , once again coming out and fox earths all freshly excavated with a veritable "bran barrel" of dead critters outside in a cache. The first Peacock, all ragged and with a story to tell, looking for some nectar before trying to find a mate. Bluebells.Spring is all about "firsts"......

Summer.......where to begin. Tench fishing, the yellow grains of corn and the red eye of Tinca. Swallows dipping into the water for a drink . Pied flycatchers fledgeing. Painted ladys arriving by the thousand. The rust-coloured roe kids that spring out from under your feet. Fox cubs, now left mum and learning to fend for themselves, they mouse in the long grass looking oh-so professional and grown up. Slow worms. Broad mirror carp. Roe bucks looking totally amazing. Late nights on the river. Otters. Bats swirling around your head (can you hear them?) :angel: Plumes of midges rising about water looking from a distance like smoke. Tranquility.

Autumn...... Fallow Bucks belching on their rutting stand. Its the best noise i have ever heard outside the bedroom! Horse chestnuts laying about. The first frost. Lampable fields. (if, indeed, there is such a word!) :D Swallows departing. Hazel nuts forming. Sloes blackening. Horse Mushrooms appearing overnight as if by magic. God i have fond memories of collecting them many years ago. The first fox earths of the year becoming well used. Squirrels suddenly become a viable target again. Winter flocks of Golden Plover become apparent. The first rains to soften the land.

Winter.........Obviously... ;) Snow,Lots of it. Taking photos of hares in the snow. Tracking animals that have been out overnight. Seeing the pheasants tail dragging behind it on the powdery surface. Finding hibernating butterlies. Seeing leafless woods. At night the sillouette of naked branches. Cold weather. True frost. Thick, white rhime. And...of course. Not planning anything for a particularly cold day and keeping warm in bed while the rest of the bedroom is like a sodding freezer! Oh yeah....and Santa Claus....he's cool too......

Just a few things, but GB is a marvelous place. Its only the people i dont like!! :) ....Keep 'em peeled!! JD

very good that,but most people these days are just out to kill things so they can boast about it,they dont even notice the good things in life.