Fallow Buck Head

Hi all,

Don't post on here often, just read posts as and when I find five minutes spare.

Culling in the park this week and just had to put a pic or two of this head. I only shoot a good buck every other year or so but this has to be my best yet. Hope you enjoy.

post-22271-1255635633.jpg

post-22271-1255635648.jpg

post-22271-1255635659.jpg

Edited by sorel-2007

Hi all,

Don't post on here often, just read posts as and when I find five minutes spare.

Culling in the park this week and just had to put a pic or two of this head. I only shoot a good buck every other year or so but this has to be my best yet. Hope you enjoy.

Nice looking head, Deserves a place on the wall!! well done

Hi all,

Nice looking head, Deserves a place on the wall!!

well done ,great head i think , yes stick it on the wall

atb sounder

Hi all,

Thats a beauty ,what park was that in mate?if you dont mind me asking

Thanks for the comments guys. Very pleased with it. Skinned and cut it this morning and will boil it over the next couple of days. I'll post a pic of it when it's done. I shot a similar sized head about five years ago that made a bronze medal but it didn't have the spellars that this one has. Might get it assesed at the next CLA, I doubt that it will make silver but you never know.

Sorry can't reveal where the park is, more than me job's worth. Hope you enjoyed the pics anyway.

Thanks for the comments guys. Very pleased with it. Skinned and cut it this morning and will boil it over the next couple of days. I'll post a pic of it when it's done. I shot a similar sized head about five years ago that made a bronze medal but it didn't have the spellars that this one has. Might get it assesed at the next CLA, I doubt that it will make silver but you never know.

Sorry can't reveal where the park is, more than me job's worth. Hope you enjoyed the pics anyway.

Nice animal!!!!!!!!!!!! guess it must be moccas or eastnor?

Nice animal!!!!!!!!!!!! guess it must be moccas or eastnor?

Good guess. But wrong, neither of those have heads of any great quality. Eastnor had some good reds before they thinned the herd down. This park isn't in Herefordshire.

Cracking head but i dont see how it could be classed for medal stateus when out of a park.

You may be right, I'm not sure. The Bronze that I shot wasn't in the park although I suspect that it was originally from there. There is a large herd that has it's territory around the park and these are escapies that have now gone wild. When I had the Bronze assesed it asks on the cert if it is a park or wild deer. It doesn't say that park deer are not included in the medal system. Some thing I've never had cause to think about before. Anyone else know?

Cracking head but i dont see how it could be classed for medal stateus when out of a park.

You may be right, I'm not sure. The Bronze that I shot wasn't in the park although I suspect that it was originally from there. There is a large herd that has it's territory around the park and these are escapies that have now gone wild. When I had the Bronze assesed it asks on the cert if it is a park or wild deer. It doesn't say that park deer are not included in the medal system. Some thing I've never had cause to think about before. Anyone else know?

Park deer can be put forward to be measured and certificated, no problem at all. On both CIC and SCI, it does need to be acknowledged that it was taken from a Park though.

Thanks Tommy and Wireviz. Interesting, I'll probably put it forward then at the next CLA. But what is more interesting for me is that this was one of the very first prickets that I let go through to the next year seven years ago. So you just get a feeling of satisfaction thinking that the herd is thriving through the decisions that I've made along the way. That was the third best head in there as well. Again thanks for you help and comments everyone.