lamping hares

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont entertain the fool Joe,   if the ''MAN'' cant ring you... Well what does that say....   End of

So say the rules then,   If you cant ring the fella, what are you hideing? That anit no way to go about things is it now?,

am against it a hare is an athelte only ppl l know course hares at night is because there dogs are no good during the day every 1 knows that a hare on the lamp is nothing like a hare during the day and l read on this site alot off ppl shouting hares thats even worse what is the point l just dont know?????????? :angry::angry::angry:

what did you all think to lamping hares? imo i think that its a good bit of sport. but hear that many people disagree with it.

atb N.H

terrible :realmad: :no:

hares need controlling as much as rabbits in some areas,so whats the problem wi lamping em,or maybe you'd prefer the hare shoots that shoot as many as 300 in a day :angry:

am against it a hare is an athelte only ppl l know course hares at night is because there dogs are no good during the day every 1 knows that a hare on the lamp is nothing like a hare during the day and l read on this site alot off ppl shouting hares thats even worse what is the point l just dont know?????????? :angry::angry::angry:
thats a load shit to me hairs are just as good at night durin the day never herd nothing about not lampin hairs till a came on this site

iceman, , a hare is alot easyer to run with a dog on a night time than to run one in the day, , but then again isnt most things ?? :hmm: , , rabbits are alot easyer, , foxes are easyer, e,t,c, so does that mean you dont run the humble bunny on a night time because they are easyer on a night time ???? would you prefer for all the lurcher men/lasses, to leave the odd hare on the night time so the numbers can get so big hare shoots have to be organised ? were they shoot a good few hundred on one day ? and then to go back again the next week and shoot the same amount ? bearing in mind that if they shoot 300 hares, maybe only 1 will run away injured or maybe 30+, as i have seen on many times, , atb all.

iceman, , a hare is alot easyer to run with a dog on a night time than to run one in the day, , but then again isnt most things ?? :hmm: , , rabbits are alot easyer, , foxes are easyer, e,t,c, so does that mean you dont run the humble bunny on a night time because they are easyer on a night time ???? would you prefer for all the lurcher men/lasses, to leave the odd hare on the night time so the numbers can get so big hare shoots have to be organised ? were they shoot a good few hundred on one day ? and then to go back again the next week and shoot the same amount ? bearing in mind that if they shoot 300 hares, maybe only 1 will run away injured or maybe 30+, as i have seen on many times, , atb all.

Very good,wise reply.

i think hares should be left to breed for long time then as someone mentioned earlier organise a big hare shoot. hares are a big part of our irish hunting heritage and should be allowed to get their numbers bk up.

but with the ammount taken with dogs there number would still increase where as shooting them the numbers rapidly decrease. i find hares a good bit of sport on the lamp or day and running them with dogs gives them a chance to survive where as shooting them kills good hares which in my eyes is a big waste also i would hate to shoot an hare and see it run off injured.

Edited by nottzhunter08
i think hares should be left to breed for long time then as someone mentioned earlier organise a big hare shoot. hares are a big part of our irish hunting heritage and should be allowed to get their numbers bk up.

HUNTING HARES IN IRELAND IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY THAN IN ENGLAND. HARES ARE LEFT FOR THE DAYTIME FOR THE COURSING LADS OR THE MANY FINE PACKS OF HOUNDS THIS ISLAND HAS. ANYONE SHOOTING A HARE IN IRELAND SHOULD HAVE THE GUN TAKEN OF THEM AND BEAT ROUND THE HEAD WITH IT. :angry:

HUNTING HARES IN IRELAND IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY THAN IN ENGLAND. HARES ARE LEFT FOR THE DAYTIME FOR THE COURSING LADS OR THE MANY FINE PACKS OF HOUNDS THIS ISLAND HAS. ANYONE SHOOTING A HARE IN IRELAND SHOULD HAVE THE GUN TAKEN OF THEM AND BEAT ROUND THE HEAD WITH IT. :angry:

but my friend they are nt given the esteem over here that are given to them in Ireland mores the pity :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview