hi all,

not a regular in this section but though id ask for a bit of advice and any reviews u can give me! im looking to get a mounted lamp for my t10 1.77.

i use a striker for my other lamping work with the dogs but i need somthing to fit to my scope. used to have one of those logun things on my old s200 which was ok for close indooor rats and stuff but pretty useless for rabbits. prefer to go shooting on my own so i havnt got the luxury of a lamp "gimp".

any advice would be great as would any reviews !

cheers, matt

Unless you already have X-Ray vision forget any filters on "low powered" lamps, especially red, even for an air rifle, as it's like turning the switch off.

Forget all the silly stuff and buying a lamp and scope mount and battery and belt pack and charger and filters, just get yourself a Deben Tracer Mini WITH dimmer (its all included).

Job done, and you can even put a red filter on it and see nearly to the end of your garden with it fitted! :thumbs:

and you can even put a red filter on it and see nearly to the end of your garden with it fitted! :thumbs:

Must be pretty crap then buddy, I can see much more than the end of my garden with my Ultrafire (with a filter), having said that, my gardens only about 30 feet :11:

I can get a decent throw in the field with my Ultrafire Cree (300 Lumen) (its virtually identical to the LedRay jobs that have 180 lumens ) but LedRay claim 120meters?

Phantom

I use the LedRay (fixed red LED) unit and it's awesome.

Small, light and has a pressure switch aswell. It lights up a dream and the rabbits don't seem to get spooked as much as with my other larger lamp.

The range is pretty good, prob around 75 feet with decent illumination, futher is okay as long as i crank up the mag on the scope.

The only downside is the battery useage, the CR2 type batts only last one evening if i'm lucky (1300Mah) items. I've tried rechargeable ones but they are pants and the power drop of is extreme.

All in all i can't fault the LedRay, and have never had any issues with it.

ive got the big deben tracer, n i have to say i am not that impressed with it, my mate has the tracer mini, and it seems to have the same length of beam as my big one, the only difference is that his has a tighter beam and a lighter battery!