Shed job

My neighbours have got a handful of rabbits under their shed (bout 3 at the most). Im planning on sticking a ferret under to get them but what im worried about is if it kills. What would be the best plan of action? The shed aint big bout 6x4. Would the rabbits bolt from it or would they be stuck and get killed? Digging would be damn difficult as well its under a shed! lol

I'll await replies then get stuck in (maybe photos ;) )

Cheers

Jordan

Would just chuck them down, if they do lay up just do what anthonytomo said, or leave there box by 1 unblocked hole, the rest blocked up, with some bedding in and food, you dont have to trek far to get to it, grab a cuppa, pop outside, grab ferret. Im sure it will be fine. Or you could just shove ya arm under and have a feel about, for the bunnies that is. or the ferrets if the lay up.

Cheers

Neil

You'll be fine, have you thought of a long net around the shed? i always give my ferrets a bit of food before a days work so if they kill they dont stay down and i've never dug a ferret out (not starting this again). if they do get stuck you can always up lift up the floor boards and replace them again or move the shed.

Just lift the shed up & move it, i am sure if me & me mother can move a shed from one side of the garden to another between us a few young lads can :laugh::laugh:

beat me to it - moved my 8x6 shed a few years ago only took 3 of us (shortass,lightweight and me mrs lol)

get the ferts in and a long net round job done!!! -- or have you a dog you can use???

atb

chris

Just lift the shed up & move it, i am sure if me & me mother can move a shed from one side of the garden to another between us a few young lads can :laugh::laugh:

beat me to it - moved my 8x6 shed a few years ago only took 3 of us (shortass,lightweight and me mrs lol)

get the ferts in and a long net round job done!!! -- or have you a dog you can use???

atb

chris

I only shifted mine as the fence blew down & i had to keep the old lurcher in the garden i had at the time :laugh:

Bit of food before work, bit of a wait if the fert happens to kill under. A kill in isn't so big a deal, I frequently ferret warrens where digging is impossible [not just hard...impossible] and most times it won't take long for the stinker to lose interest and move on. If the fert kills a rabbit and gets stuck behind it in a tube, block every hole and revisit the warren everyday until the fert has eaten through/dug around the bunny. Do that and you'll get him back ;)