what is best

I say skin em because when the ferret goes in the rabbit hole there going to see the rabbit fur and think dinner and kill in all the time. My uncle told me this and has never had a ferret kill under and has been ferreting since he was 4 and now 40 something. But other people got other ways this is just what I think is right ;)

I say skin em because when the ferret goes in the rabbit hole there going to see the rabbit fur and think dinner and kill in all the time. My uncle told me this and has never had a ferret kill under and has been ferreting since he was 4 and now 40 something. But other people got other ways this is just what I think is right ;)

:hmm: "never had a ferret kill under"in 40yrs? mine kill regularly week in week out, bolt or kill and move on round the warren their not hungry to feed as they're fed as normal the night before.

I feed them gutted as The One stated and fur on

Y.I.S Leeview

I just gut them as the guts are often full of tape worms then open up the pelvis and ribs to help the ferrets

tape worm sists can be found within the muscle tisue as well as the guts :yes:

however i have never had a ferret with tapeworms , unlike my dogs wich pick them up regular. i have herd somewhere that ferrets dont get them.

i feed gutted rabbits if they have been gutted . but i also feed an equal amount of hole rabbit ;)

40 years with out a dig :clapper: hes left one hel of a lot of rabbits in the ground :yes:

Just throw my rabbits in with fur on, paunch them in the field before I fetch them home, I think its better to leave the fur on so it stops your ferrets having to eat so much of the shavings, shavings stick to the fur and not so much to the meat :)