BIG BIG RUNNING DOGS ANY CROSS OR PURE BREED

im only 5ft 1 so i could nearly ride him :D

he is only now back from injusry, he cut his leg open whilst running in feb this year went throught tendon and straight down to the bone, its taken several months to heal but he is fine now and luckily his tendon has healed well and there is no lameness or limping, so hence the injury im only now starting to get him out hunting he is near enough upto speed now and he had his first rabbit last week so im hoping this is the start of something good now

bet he gets back ache picking rabbits up!! been that big lol.........atb

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im only 5ft 1 so i could nearly ride him :D

he is only now back from injusry, he cut his leg open whilst running in feb this year went throught tendon and straight down to the bone, its taken several months to heal but he is fine now and luckily his tendon has healed well and there is no lameness or limping, so hence the injury im only now starting to get him out hunting he is near enough upto speed now and he had his first rabbit last week so im hoping this is the start of something good now

glad hes made a good recovery hes a monster of a dog :D

The pic is taken on carmarthen fan, above llyn y fan fach in the western beacons, one of my favourite places to walk and excercise the dogs.Taken on a rare day when it wasnt raining up there!

Camarthen fan??? I live a mile from Llyn y fan never heard of camarthen fan.

I've heard of it, and I'm in Pembrokeshire! :D:thumbs:

The range is known as the carmarthen fans or bannau sir gar in welsh, the actual peak that the photo is taken is near to waun lefrith.

im a bit late doing anything with nelson me deerhound ( he will be 2 in november) as he has been out for several months due to hind leg injury so im only now getting him fit and out loose, so far he has just had rabbits but i would like to get him onto bigger stuff now, he has been excelling in the show ring though with reserve best of breeds and best of breeds, its now a matter of getting him out and working him, he works well with my springers they o in all the cover and flush out birds and bunnies and nelson lies in wait and is straight in for the hairy stuff.

question.... i am new to working hounds so how do i get him from bunnies to bigger stuff? or is it a matter of natural sense with him if he is going to do it he will just go?

Edited by springsnhounds
The pic is taken on carmarthen fan, above llyn y fan fach in the western beacons, one of my favourite places to walk and excercise the dogs.Taken on a rare day when it wasnt raining up there!

well done maltenby happy you know there is a camarthen fan, but it aint by llyn y fan pal. Trust me.
Guest GoneToGround1
This is my dog at xmas

2008_dogryfud.jpg

And this is him about 3 weeks ago

2006_0123lldogs0005.jpg

2006_0123lldogs0001.jpg

2006_0123lldogs0023.jpg

very nice dog. did u get it from the north of england by anychance?

cracking dog there mate he in top nic just how they should b they do they best for us so same in return :big_boss:

nice dog there whiteyrs4 seen you and your brother in a few shows both cracking looking dogs all the best with them this season keep us updated.

well done maltenby happy you know there is a camarthen fan, but it aint by llyn y fan pal. Trust me.

It most certainly is llyn y fan fach, been going there since I was a kid, I walk the black mountain on a weekly basis, its one of my favorite places to go.

Here's some pics taken on friday on the other side of the mountain near the source of the Tawe.

post-37748-1252317410.jpg

post-37748-1252317441.jpg

post-37748-1252317492.jpg