Personal safety

I keep getting told off for walking my dogs in the forestry.

Apparently "ITS NOT SAFE COS YOURE A FEMALE"

Now I dont know about anyone else but I reckon axe murderers are few and far between in the woods.

Only bloke I met with an axe was nicking a Christmas tree!

I'm fed up with people saying "Oh you dont go out there by yourself do you?"

Well No I have my dogs with me and to be honest I'd feel alot less safe walking around the town after dark.

What do the other lasses feel about their personal safety? Lucy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wander around the countryside at all hours of the day & night, usually with the dogs, but sometimes without, and I've never once felt threatened in any way. But then I'm pushing fifty, ugly as sin, and I probably make the trees nervous... :icon_eek:

I wouldn't let other people's paranoia spoil your enjoyment of the forest, surely your dogs would look after you?

Guest STORM CHASER

I have had many a late walk when i could'nt sleep..and took the dog out with me..for some reason i felt safer with a dog by myside.....and to be honest i felt safer out walking at night than in my own home....but that's another story....

Life is short...get on, and live it... :yes:

I actually like being on my own , go out most days walking alone , sometimes at night , early morning is my favourite time , its just the way i like it.

To be honest if someone going to have a go they will do just that , i am buggered if i am going to stay in just in case , you would never go anywhere or do anything :laugh:

i took my cousin out for a walk with the dogs a couple of years ago, it was dark before we got home, and she asked if i walked on my own at that time, and wasn't i scared, because she wouldn't do it. i always have Gyp with me when i walk late, he's a big soppy git but i know he'd stick up for me when pushed. in fact, i never go for a walk without the dog. i'll cycle instead!

i've had one iffy encounter when i've been out with the dog, and that was in broad daylight. Gyp did his bit, and i've had no more trouble since. my little bro's reputation helps too!

I love the dark and walking around in it, its soooo peacefull, i love winter with the dark night, but i still got a bit paranoid about rapistist n perverts about lol

More chance of encountering pervo's on here than out a walk :laugh: :laugh:

in all honesty i feel safer in the feilds, in pitch black, in the middle of the night then i do in the town with street lights at five in the evening! i grew up in north london and i hate street lamps, i really don't like the way how your eyes are constantly having to get used to light then dark . . and the simple fact of someone could see you but you can't see them sends me shudders,,,

in the countryside very few times have i had a nervy moment and thats normally when i'm very very tired and mind starts to play tricks, end of the day you live once, if you do get attacked then you deal with it then, no point worrying over something that may or may not happen!!

in regards to me dogs looking after me i should be so lucky!!!

I love the dark and walking around in it, its soooo peacefull, i love winter with the dark night, but i still got a bit paranoid about rapistist n perverts about lol

More chance of encountering pervo's on here than out a walk :laugh: :laugh:

true lol

Bloody hell its us men that have to be afraid some of the nutty women i have bumped into wile walking my dogs alone i dont no wat their after one were chewing mi ears off for over an hour the other week. :laugh: atb dell

You must have a kind face they feel your approachable , i had a bloke soak me through last friday on my way to work in a van , he did it deliberatly & i called him a wanker , then every day he pips at me now & sayes stuff out the window :laugh: :laugh: but it sort of difused the situation :laugh:

Bloody hell its us men that have to be afraid some of the nutty women i have bumped into wile walking my dogs alone i dont no wat their after one were chewing mi ears off for over an hour the other week. :laugh: atb dell

You must have a kind face they feel your approachable , i had a bloke soak me through last friday on my way to work in a van , he did it deliberatly & i called him a wanker , then every day he pips at me now & sayes stuff out the window :laugh: :laugh: but it sort of difused the situation :laugh:

Some lads have some funny ways of chatting birds up eh! :D

More like my freindly springer spaniels because i am a right grumpy old git so ave been told :o:laugh: atb dell