LEAVING SHOT WOODIES

I AM SICKEND , having walked the land were we shoot found piles of shot woodies

piled up and left why shoot and not use the meat , the farmer has granted permision

to others and i informed him of what happen , but i just can not get me head round

why people do this :no:

piled up and left why shoot and not use the meat , the farmer has granted permision

to others and i informed him of what happen , but i just can not get me head round

same here mate,only they dont leave them in heaps,they just leave them were they drop,and there cartridge cases , theplace stinks,i got rid of two a couple of weeks ago,theres some new lads here now,and ive marked there card for them,the word, thats come down from the hall ,is pick up or pack up.

This is one of my pet hates and it makes my piss boil :censored: If your a regular pigeon decoyer? lucky enough to get half decent bag's!! why not link up with a game dealer sell them and at least get some finance back?? If your only shooting a few it takes minutes to de-breast them and dispose of the carcass reasonably ferret food eg: pigeon breast meat is one of the best food rescources around!! good in stir fries casserole's pies etc:!!

Anyone wasting rescources like rabbit, pigeon, hares etc: is'nt a true countryman or sportsman and it reflects badly on the guy's who try to do the right thing

Tom

ps: shot a few today and they'll all end up in a dinner plate ;)

same here mate,only they dont leave them in heaps,they just leave them were they drop,and there cartridge cases , theplace stinks,i got rid of two a couple of weeks ago,theres some new lads here now,and ive marked there card for them,the word, thats come down from the hall ,is pick up or pack up.

i suppose leaving the odd one to draw out foxes isnt too bad but people leaving them where they drop e.t.c dont deserve the permissions they have. i respect all quarry and leave things as they were. i am a decent shot and insured, yet i still struggle to obtain permission

The farm near me the lad who shoots on it leaves all his spent cartridges in the makeshift hide.My spaniels picked a dozen maggot ridden pigeions up [bANNED TEXT] i asked him about them he said they were birds he had brought frozen with him to use as decoys.I bit my lip as he turns a blind eye to me having a mooch about with the dogs.But with pigeon being one of the tasteiest game meat available it does seem a waste.atb dell

what a waste :wallbash: a few years back i went shooting feral doos in a granary with a mate who worked for a vermin controler, i came home with two feed sacks of birds to feed the ferrets with and once the excess got a bit high they were buried on the allotment and made crackin fertiliser

Some people are just like that.

Like another post, leave only your footprints.

Nothing goes to waste, if I don't eat it the dog & cats do.

If not my mate has whatever for his ferrets.

It's really sad to accept the truth that some people were just making things like that. Making trademarks, yet at the end they just leave you behind.

there are places for people who don't want meat just sport. clay shoots, you can get cups of tea and have the fun without damaging the sport we all cherish. its not just about pest controll,its about using resources,IF YOU CANT USE IT SOMEONE ELSE CAN!!!

put the birds or rabitts on here,freecycle,pet home,give them to neighbours or whatever but don't waste them.

we are to kill with good reason(animal protection act) which pest controll is.but surely not good for the image of our sport when people walking their dogs have to climb over stinking,wasted pigeon.

we need support from as many as we can get.not bad publicity.

atb

The main lesson here is descretion .Shooting pigeons in any number on a hot day is always a worry as to the quality of meat afterwards .When the birds are winging in well whose going to stop shooting to debreast a few while birds whip by the hide ,not many .I agree about cartridges ,thats a no-no but to dispose of a bag of pigeons DISCRETELY can save a few head of game as charlie concentrates his activities on an easy bounty .Just my thoughts so dont jump down my throat . :D

the crowning takes a couple of seconds ( even gordon ramsey can do it in that last night on tv) so that should not hinder us.

leaving what you do not need( debreasted carcase) for the fox i have no problem with,but put some earth over them( as you said discreet) this will stop the buzzard and crows getting to them for a short time anyway and charlie will have to dig,keeping him busy for a while longer on an open field can only be in the lampers interest.once you see that they are found then you can set up for him too :clapper: ( i have found that a "tip clock" saves time on this it registers the time it tipped over.not sure what you call them over here)

its up to the individual what to do with his quarry.i think it should be sensibly used in whichever manner.

atb