A few snares out.

Farmer rang up to see if i could sort a few hares out on one of his fields.

So went up to the field in question,had a look round and thought this would be ideal for a few snares.So went home picked up about 10 snares and back to the field,found a few run's and set about 7 snares.Decided to take the good lady up and the terrier as well,half way up the field the terrier takes off after something,went in to the hedge and we lost her,started looking round and found a pipe going under a bridge into another field,got my ear to the pipe and could hear the dog,goes back to the car for a torch,looked up the pipe and there she was holding on to a rabbits back leg,slowly pulled her out with the rabbit in her mouth,which had myxi :censored::wallbash:.Had a check over the dog and she fecking stunk :sick: with slime and crap all over her :sick:.

A few pics.

The terrier with crap on her.

015-3.jpg

Me about to set a snare,i must not smile i look like steptoe :toast: .

023-1.jpg

Setting a snare on a cracking run coming through the hedge.I set a snare at the top of the run as its coming through the hedge and one at the bottom of the bank.2 chances to catch.

022-1.jpg

Setting another snare.

011-4.jpg

The next morning only 1 hare was caught but it was better then none.

001-12.jpg

013-3.jpg

Had to take the snares up as the farmer was about to cut the hedge,and i did not want my snares going through the cutter :laugh: .

On the way back down the field saw a couple of rabbits run into the hedge,went over and had a look,found a warren with about 6 holes,went home and got the ferrets.See ferreting section for details :laugh: .

you must having been watching me :D see they do work nice place that p after the hedge is cut set again ;)

Will have to wait till friday,missus birthday tomorrow i am at her mercy all day :censored::wallbash: .

Will be snaring that muck heap as well,nipped up today and walked a path into it. :thumbs:

you must having been watching me :D see they do work nice place that p after the hedge is cut set again ;)
colin, thought i had seen those pegged snares before, the lucky barsteward. i could have murdered hares on those runs all along that hedge, reminds me when we were up at tom,s in the borders with rob sharpe.

used to snare hares years ago as bhoys round stubble feilds fence lines before we had decent dogs etc would be in disgust nowadays snareing ahare unless it was loose permision if i didnt , i like a3 qaurter grown leveret with dumplings or doughballs , used to make big purse nets and chase them in with dogs and tangle them up and our mongrels would nail them used long nets to,dont think i could snare ahare now unless no chioce ,maybe if it got to hot for the dog game well the old wires would come out ,nice hare ,but wouldnt be proud of it ,rabbits any day ,