quite a shot

hello all :thumbs: i was doing some target practice in the back garden yesterday and i was shooting little black dots i put on some wood with a permanent marker and i was getting clear shot straight in the middle of them. so i decided to put some string up fixing it to nails either end and sooting the string with no back ground to it and with using dome heads it took quite a couple of shots to snap but i did in the end and as i turned back on to shooting the black dots believe it or not a house fly (bluebottle) landed on top of the wood i must of has milliseconds to take my shot and in the end i did and took its head clean off :gunsmilie: i couldn't believe it when i got up to the fly its wings and body were unscaved but it just had no head. all this was done lying down of course lol

has anybody ever done a shot like this or something like it

all the best liam

:thumbs:

i was out hunting once and seen a rabbit hiding behind a rock. he thought he was well hidden but his ears wear sticking above the top of the rock. So I aimed at a staple in a fence post nearby, well, i say nearby but it was really about 67/68 yards away.

So I aimed a few inches above the staple and a few inches to the left as I could see from the rabbits ears flapping that there was a little breeze.

I took the shot and watched as the pellet ricocheted off the staple and instantly the rabbits ears disappeared from view.

When I walked up to see what was behind the stone, the rabbit was stone dead with a little red dot right between his eyes and then I noticed Shergar was also there hiding behind the same rock grieving for his dead rabbit friend and gently tugging on its leg.......

i was out hunting once and seen a rabbit hiding behind a rock. he thought he was well hidden but his ears wear sticking above the top of the rock. So I aimed at a staple in a fence post nearby, well, i say nearby but it was really about 67/68 yards away.

So I aimed a few inches above the staple and a few inches to the left as I could see from the rabbits ears flapping that there was a little breeze.

I took the shot and watched as the pellet ricocheted off the staple and instantly the rabbits ears disappeared from view.

When I walked up to see what was behind the stone, the rabbit was stone dead with a little red dot right between his eyes and then I noticed Shergar was also there hiding behind the same rock grieving for his dead rabbit friend and gently tugging on its leg.......

My thoughts exactly :clapper::clapper::clapper:

There was an entire thread devoted to shooting insects on another forum.

I started it and for a while it became quite a popular 'sport' :clapper:

Best one I did was back when I was 17, I pinned a bluebottle through the thorax with a .22 dart to the door frame much to my mothers disgust!

I saw an article in a (I think) TR Robb tuning/servicing guide that goes on about shooting flies :)

Put a brightly colourd piece of card on a post in the garden and await your prey's arrival. I am told that flat heads are best for this sport.

The idea is to create a perfect hole with legs.

On the thread on the other forum we went as far as putting pic's up of the carnage that resulted.

Its the ONLY time they have allowed images of dead quarry to stay on the forum!

Phantom

this thread is going to be hilarious, i can telll! i was shooting at a taget 25 yars away and i noticed a woodlouse crawling up the brick that i had my arget mounted on, took aim about where i though it woulb be ahead of it i let off the shot without expectingto hit it but i did i was splatterd on it! i have shot coutnless flies iwith a small bb gun pistol, great fun.

i am expecting someone too come out with "i shot fly whilst it was in the air" any minute now!

was ELVIS!! sat on shergar's back

was ELVIS!! sat on shergar's back

it was the other way round Davy!

I have found that by inserting the multi-shot magazine (1.77) and using "rapid fire" you can direct a fly across the target by picking a right leg then a left, a bit like paddling a kayak down stream. I've been practicing this at around 45 yards, building up confidence to get rid of the fleas on my neighbours cat..... :diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

Edited by BellySlater

Here's the thread that started the loony toon, insect assassination squad thread.

Copied and paste from my original post

Just been reading another thread and Steff mentioned that she has shot wasps

Reminded me of an incident I had the other week!

I had returned home from the range and was preparing a nice Cajun meal for the wife & kids.

I heard my daughters boyfiend squeal :o and looked towards the door where he was stood outside.

A rather large wasp had buzzed his face and had come into the house and into the kitchen. The bloody thing was heading straight for me :icon_eek:

Both the kitchen windows were open and I moved to the far side of the kitchen hoping that this yellow peril would fly out one of the windows and I could get back to cooking.

NO WAY the thing followed me!!!!! so I ducked and moved to the other side of the kitchen again.

Now I have a habbit of getting stung on the back of the neck (4 times) by wasps and twice (in the belly button when I was a kid at Butlins Skeggy) by bee's.

This ruddy wasp turned and came back at me again. For #### sake this thing is determined to do me harm :angry2:

On the table was my pistol case B) from my day at the range.

I grabbed my CP99 slammed in the co2 clip (knowing there was still a mag the chamber)but no pellets. I pulled the slide back pointed it at the darn wasp and pulled the trigger hoping that the gas and pressure release would maybe deter the little beast from comming near me again :yes:

WOW :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

Good job no pellet in the mag.

The wasp exploded :clapping: bits and gunk went all over the window, the ceiling and the sink :sick: .

It was "AWSOME" according to Scott who came in.

My darling wife Lesley was not so impressed and made me wash the window, sink and clean the ceiling :duh:

What a shot :clapper: bet I couldn't do that again.

Tony

post-18667-1250786208_thumb.jpg

Forgive the red text, I had to do a search using those keywords

Phantom

quite glad i put this up lol sounds like fun lol i woke up this morning and told my mum that i was going to pinch some of her fruit and split it and then put it in the back garden and defend it from insect with my pellet gun lmao but never got round to it hahahahaha ended up trying to make a knife handle

keep them coming guys

happy swatting

Guest Bubbleduck
I have found that by inserting the multi-shot magazine (1.77) and using "rapid fire" you can direct a fly across the target by picking a right leg then a left, a bit like paddling a kayak down stream. I've been practicing this at around 45 yards, building up confidence to get rid of the fleas on my neighbours cat..... :diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

:clapper::boogy::toast: :11:

haha Phantom, thats a funny story.

Big macho man taking out a wasp with his CP99 but ultimately ended up with "darling wife Lesley was not so impressed and made me wash the window, sink and clean the ceiling"

maybe not so macho after all!!!

Orange peel and honey spread on a piece of board at chosen distance, then whack the hornets as they arive, first time is your personal best, then next time try to beat it, and if you get a big bag of hornets, post it on here with a pic :laugh:

:clapper::boogy::toast: :11:

better watch it, i got 10% on my warn level for talkin about shoting cats.