Is It Alright To Use Potatoe As A Daily Mixer With Meat And Fish

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder where I can get cheap fish from?

I have heard this stuff is very good although I would rather feed what i prepare first.

http://www.fish4dogs.com/Products/Working-...n-Complete.aspx

If you have an Aldi near you, then they sell white fish, think you get about 5-6 fair size cuts in them,

fish mongers sell fish scraps, some will give them away,

best in the morning for the fish mongers though, as if they know they will save them for you.

Potato is fine i used this on my late gsd used to make her salmon and potato dinners not as expensive as i thought by the way you can get salmon frozen fairly cheap and boiled it alongside the tatties and mushed it all up and theres the dgo food.Meant to say also walfcol do a dried version of salmon and potato but its around £45 for 15kg but good stuff or burns do a pork and potato

Edited by Cold Ethyl
I wonder where I can get cheap fish from?

I have heard this stuff is very good although I would rather feed what i prepare first.

http://www.fish4dogs.com/Products/Working-...n-Complete.aspx

fish4dogs is the best of its sort that i know of ... used it for an elderly dog and it done him wonders, personally i buy the highest quality food i can afford, there are better brands available for dogs with sensitive tummies, robbies holistic cusine was fantastic for my bitch as a pup, i found the dogs got bored of burns very quickly,,,,,,

if your thinking of cutting cereals i use a dry food as a mixer that contains so carbs at all, the dog naturally doen't need them so why give it to them, i use ORIJEN which is 70% meat 30% fruit and veg, i'm sure theres a fish version

hope this helps, if ye need any more info pm me

lurcher lass x x x

If your dog has allergies, you might be best off moving to a mostly raw diet. Include fish and cooked veg if you like.

Have a good read up on what and how to feed raw. Most dogs with allergies do well on raw unless, of course, their allergy is related to animal protein.

The best diet for any dog is raw meat and bones.

Why anyone wants to give their dogs processed crap whether dry or wet is beyond me.

I have two dog that can Not eat raw, one pukes it back up

and my lurcher bitch who used to be fed raw, now if shes given any type of raw food,

she shits blood, she also started refusing the raw, and would nick the dry food off one of my other dogs,

she simply refuses raw now - unless its cooked.

oh i forgot one of my others cant have raw either, or it could verry well kill her,

she has to have a very low fat diet, due to her pancrias (sp) not being able to prosses fat.

So in respect raw does not suite every dog or owner for that matter

all my dogs do verry well on the dryed food i give them.

Swamp rat - sweet potatos are different to white, and anyway if cooked the starch is cooked out of them.

The best diet for any dog is raw meat and bones.

Why anyone wants to give their dogs processed crap whether dry or wet is beyond me.

I have two dog that can Not eat raw, one pukes it back up

and my lurcher bitch who used to be fed raw, now if shes given any type of raw food,

she shits blood, she also started refusing the raw, and would nick the dry food off one of my other dogs,

she simply refuses raw now - unless its cooked.

oh i forgot one of my others cant have raw either, or it could verry well kill her,

she has to have a very low fat diet, due to her pancrias (sp) not being able to prosses fat.

So in respect raw does not suite every dog or owner for that matter

all my dogs do verry well on the dryed food i give them.

Swamp rat - sweet potatos are different to white, and anyway if cooked the starch is cooked out of them.

Chook, think you are living in "never never land".

If one pukes it back up it is wolfing it down, probably doesn't know how to use its teeth, won't harm it to eat what it has puked. Next time feed bigger pieces of meat/bone.

If a dog is shitting blood it will shit blood because the dog has a problem NOT down to the food.

Be interested to know what you actually feed the dog with the pancreatic problem.

Most dogs "health" problems tend to get a lot better when fed raw as a lot of problems are due to the crap diet that they are fed.

By the way, when I say raw I am not referring to mince.