• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is first cross best or ??????

and

is first cross grey/blue and broken coated....

I pick my 1st x whip/bed up on Saturday. She will be blue and broken coated when she grows up.

There will always be some variation depending on the parentage. If you have a liver dam and a liver sire you'll likely get some liver pups. It also kind of boils down to which was mated to which, the pups parents and a bit of luck. There are no guarentees that the pup will be blue or broken caoted.

Cheers

Mat

hi all im no lurcher man but what i can say about the beddlington whip/lurcher is that the nose on them is outstanding i have seen meny types of lurcher work and thay all done it well but but iv yet to see one that is as good at hunting up and flushin as the one i run when i say hunting i mean from reedbeds , gorse , bracken even brambles . the one i got is breed from a 21 inch whippet over a 17 inch beddei and he threw big 22 1/2 the only folt i can pick with him is his skin it rips easy but that dont put him off .

But thats just my veiw each to there own

hi all im no lurcher man but what i can say about the beddlington whip/lurcher is that the nose on them is outstanding i have seen meny types of lurcher work and thay all done it well but but iv yet to see one that is as good at hunting up and flushin as the one i run when i say hunting i mean from reedbeds , gorse , bracken even brambles . the one i got is breed from a 21 inch whippet over a 17 inch beddei and he threw big 22 1/2 the only folt i can pick with him is his skin it rips easy but that dont put him off .

But thats just my veiw each to there own

i have to agree with this. i have a 1st cross beddy/grey and her nose is outstanding. but sometimes it works to well it can get abit annoying when you dont want them to hunt on there own. she will get out in the middle of a field checking every little hump and bump that may look like a rabbit for a run and she does push out a fair few by herself.this was my 1st lurcher and i have found to be fairly easy to work with.

this is mine.

post-25621-1250196615_thumb.jpg