few more rats

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another good session on the rats,due to rats falling into tight gaps and the cover being so thick its impossible to locate all the bodies but we got enough back for a photo.

i get that pretty often,i very rarely blank because i usually find a few that can be shot/taken with a dog but i know that when i go out tonight on another place ill see rats around the calf pens that

Posted Images

Its upto the farmer what happens with the bodies,they get rid of them.

I wouldnt feed wild rats to birds of prey or ferrets because they are manky critters and most farms i go on have poison about the place even if its just a small quantity so you never know if a rat has eaten any.

I wouldnt feed wild rats to birds of prey or ferrets because they are manky critters and most farms i go on have poison about the place even if its just a small quantity so you never know if a rat has eaten any.

Ok,

But what else is there to do with them except get rid of them?

Ok,

post-31547-126055830032_thumb.jpg

Edited by ArchieHood

Ok,

post-31547-126055830032_thumb.jpg

What a pair of miserable Rats they are !!

Got a right Hump on

• 1 month later...

i havent done much shooting lately due to the weather.we got a few the other night but didnt see many.time will tell if this is due to us having killed most of them or if it was just the conditions on the night.i think weve done a good job and numbers are low but ive done enough ratting over the years to know that a place can look as if it dosent have rats but go out on another night or go earlier or later and its suprising how many are about.

18012010327.jpg

cheers lads,

ive just come back from another farm after seeing plenty of rats but only getting two.the dogs didnt have a good night and after id put them away and brought the gun out i couldnt get a safe shot even though the rats were often just sat there.i get nights like this when nothing goes right and every rodent seems to be sitting comfortably infront of a cow,chicken,farm dog or machinery,electric cables and pipes. :wallbash::wallbash: