POLL

Guest Scuba1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest buster321c

Well , ive made some great friends on this site , mostly through the Air gun section . I`de hate to see it go down the pan , SS you got my backing with whatever you see fit , and im sure most of the lads feel the same . Good call Micheal ;)

Bum:

212 views and just 20 replies. There must be a fair few amongst us that don't like to write much. A simple

:yes: or :no: will do in that case as well.

:signthankspin:

Michael

192 don't really care.

Shame......

Come on, fellas! If you can be bothered to read this then you must have some interest, so let's hear what you think.

Cheers.

I've not been on this section that long, so cant comment on what it was like before I joined, so dont feel qualified to point the section in any real direction, I'm not interessted in the nuts n bolts side of airgunning really, I'd rather see banter on the opposite side to hunting reports, simply because shooting animals and banter on the same thread looks bad to those that would like to see us and our sport gone for ever, and disbanded, you will never perseude an anti that there's any need to shoot any living thing , so I think laughing and joking on the same thread as shot quarry will just make us look like the idiots that that they portray us to be, so for what my pennies worth, I would like to see a more serious side to the hunting reports, and a less serious side to nuts and bolts, this is why I'm reluctant to reply to this thread, no malice intended to anyone, because I myself like a bit of banter as you know, but if THL is ever going to put airgunning on a sure footing and fend off its many objecters, then time and effort must be put into how others veiw us, and not how we veiw our selves, thats my penny spent.

stealthy.

Guest Scuba1
I've not been on this section that long, so cant comment on what it was like before I joined, so dont feel qualified to point the section in any real direction, I'm not interessted in the nuts n bolts side of airgunning really, I'd rather see banter on the opposite side to hunting reports, simply because shooting animals and banter on the same thread looks bad to those that would like to see us and our sport gone for ever, and disbanded, you will never perseude an anti that there's any need to shoot any living thing , so I think laughing and joking on the same thread as shot quarry will just make us look like the idiots that that they portray us to be, so for what my pennies worth, I would like to see a more serious side to the hunting reports, and a less serious side to nuts and bolts, this is why I'm reluctant to reply to this thread, no malice intended to anyone, because I myself like a bit of banter as you know, but if THL is ever going to put airgunning on a sure footing and fend off its many objecters, then time and effort must be put into how others veiw us, and not how we veiw our selves, thats my penny spent.

stealthy.

Interesting points of view there Stealthy. I'll give you my take on that if I may. As long as we stay within the law, everything is in the green zone as far as I am concerned because we are never going to get the antis to understand let alone support our way of life and what it stands for. I for one will not change my ways of doing things because it would be more appealing to some anti. Especially not if I have to cut back on anything that I enjoy, because it does not matter what we do, they are going to try to rub our noses in everything that is just a touch out of line for them and their point of view.

If I wanted to please an anti, I would sell my guns, burn my traps and use my snares to hold my tomato plants up. But I am not out for that. On the contrary, if we turned this into the happy place it once was, it would really piss them of and that alone would be reason enough to do what I am doing at the moment with this. Just because my neighbour works in a bank, I won't run around in a shirt and tie all day to keep him happy .... and I like the bloke. Let those antis see that we are a happy bunch that stick together and not a jumble of sad and bickering tire kickers that are on the brink of extinction.

Happy hunting

Michael

stealthy.

Interesting points of view there Stealthy. I'll give you my take on that if I may. As long as we stay within the law, everything is in the green zone as far as I am concerned because we are never going to get the antis to understand let alone support our way of life and what it stands for. I for one will not change my ways of doing things because it would be more appealing to some anti. Especially not if I have to cut back on anything that I enjoy, because it does not matter what we do, they are going to try to rub our noses in everything that is just a touch out of line for them and their point of view.

If I wanted to please an anti, I would sell my guns, burn my traps and use my snares to hold my tomato plants up. But I am not out for that. On the contrary, if we turned this into the happy place it once was, it would really piss them of and that alone would be reason enough to do what I am doing at the moment with this. Just because my neighbour works in a bank, I won't run around in a shirt and tie all day to keep him happy .... and I like the bloke. Let those antis see that we are a happy bunch that stick together and not a jumble of sad and bickering tire kickers that are on the brink of extinction.

Happy hunting

Michael

Scuba, you made a great point there, I do not care for what the Anti does or does not like, I am sure he would not mind offending me on one of his Anti Gun tree hugger forums, I also see where Stealthy's at, but this is our forum & not theirs, we should be able to share our sport with other like minded souls with a bit of banter thrown in, it makes the world a better place & if they don't like it they should change chanel.

foxon.

Guest Scuba1

stealthy.

Happy hunting

Michael

Scuba, you made a great point there, I do not care for what the Anti does or does not like, I am sure he would not mind offending me on one of his Anti Gun tree hugger forums, I also see where Stealthy's at, but this is our forum & not theirs, we should be able to share our sport with other like minded souls with a bit of banter thrown in, it makes the world a better place & if they don't like it they should change chanel.

foxon.

Foxon I could not have put that better myself. ...... but then again I am a kraut :tongue2: