After speaking to a farmer the other day he told me that he had lost another duck so I decided to have a look with the lamp last night to see if I could catch the culprit.

There are only 3 fields cut on this farm but I thought it was still worth a look.

Ratcherman arrived at mine at 10pm and we made our way to the farm which isnt far.

As we lamped the fields I did spot a couple of foxes in the gorse but they werent playing at all and scarpered quick.

I was a bit disappointed but then I spied a fox near the duck house :D it made off in to some rushes so the only shot available was off my sticks , I shot it through the neck with an 87grner :D

I then lamped another fox at the top of the next bank but it was an unsafe shot , skylined and standing in front of a horse :angry:

We crossed over this field and I lamped another fox in some rushes , Ratcherman got on the bipod this time but the fox slinked into the cover . On shining the lamp round to the right I spotted another fox which Ratcherman shot this time.

I then lamped back to the spot where the other fox was and it had re-appeared :D

I grabbed the rifle off Ratcherman and shot this one also :D

So that was 3 foxes in about 10 mins :D

Got a text off the farmer this morning " GOOD SHOOTING "

peafarm3005.jpg

Edited by FOXHUNTER

Ratcherman had another cub last night which we had spotted mooching on a cut silage field. He got set up on the sticks and I called it with my hand, it screamed in to about 30 yds after I stopped it with a HOY :D

hexhamshire.jpg

Never managed any more with the lamp but bagged 33 rabbits :D