hi everyone,i'm thinking about getting one this autumn,but does anyone breed working whippets any more,or are the beddx whippets better ? as i do get out with the ferrets a lot in the winter months and like to have a general mooch with the lamp too ! any GOOD advice would be grateful. cheers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone,i'm thinking about getting one this autumn,but does anyone breed working whippets any more,or are the beddx whippets better ? as i do get out with the ferrets a lot in the winter months and like to have a general mooch with the lamp too ! any GOOD advice would be grateful. cheers

Have a look on here mate: http://blackwhippet.**"£$%^&*(101.com/index.cgi

Guest sph1979

i do no a few people who breed and have bred cracking working whippets but i dont no of a litter at the mo just had a quick look i no of a litter now pm me if you want

Edited by sph1979

Hi mate, Mally off here has a fantastic bitch by all accounts, think it goes by the name of vixen, this fella mentioned to me that he'd put a good dog over her (only if it's 100% bang on), Ive said to pencil me in for one already Mally is a spot on fella, and after only a short time Ive known him I'd trust him 100%, he's got a very good reputation, do a search on here for him, he's got a terrific website, also a FANTASTIC photographer,

Craig

hia mate ive got a 5 month old dog pup and think hes got a lot of potential to be a 1 dog whreckin crew try and get one from mike browns lines nice big strong pups wont get smashed up theyve got strong feet heart and desire to kill whatever you want my uncles bitch has even took roepost-37322-1248092464.jpg

A question for whippet owners/breeders why are most whippet bitches bred off while still only being 2 -3 yr old.

3 yr old have done what ?

ok its a kc thing but im sure its also to make money?

you wouldnt breed off a 3 yr old lurcher bitch, well i wouldnt, they havnt proved themselfs.

Guest sph1979

the lurcher i had was 2 1/2 year old when i bred her. by this time she'd had a good few hares day and night a deer a number of foxes single handed and countless rabbits day and night. What else would she need to prove. Dont tell me a wild boar This is all pre ban of course

Hi mate, Mally off here has a fantastic bitch by all accounts, think it goes by the name of vixen, this fella mentioned to me that he'd put a good dog over her (only if it's 100% bang on), Ive said to pencil me in for one already Mally is a spot on fella, and after only a short time Ive known him I'd trust him 100%, he's got a very good reputation, do a search on here for him, he's got a terrific website, also a FANTASTIC photographer,

Craig

Bloody Hell Sully got abit of a soft spot for Mally ain't ya ? ? :whistling::D

You want to chance your arm and ask him for a date instead of beating around the bush

A question for whippet owners/breeders why are most whippet bitches bred off while still only being 2 -3 yr old.

3 yr old have done what ?

ok its a kc thing but im sure its also to make money?

you wouldnt breed off a 3 yr old lurcher bitch, well i wouldnt, they havnt proved themselfs.

I don't normally breed off a bitch until it's had 3 seasons work. However i lost Vixens dam a couple of months ago and would like a pup myself to bring on. vixen is due in season any time now but i'm not going to get her covered until the spring, when she's had another seasons work under her belt.

Vixen has done everything i've asked of her and more and that was in her first full seasons work, I ran her alongside charpolski's bitch Delta when he visited a for a couple of weeks last season and maybe he will comment on her ability. I certainly wouldnt breed from an untested dog thats why i'm waiting to see how she gets on in her second season before i breed from her.

There is no way i'll buy a whippet pup from elsewhere, when i know what i'm going to get from my own stock

I can't speak for others but i can assure folk that my dogs are worked and worked hard throughout the season, there definately not weekend warriors. There out 2-3 days a week ferreting and a couple of nights a week lamping.

I'm not in to breeding for the money anyone will tell you that, but some ARE.

As i've mentioned i only breed when i want a pup myself. I've kept a pup back from the only two litters i've bred. I charge a fair price for my pups. the home is more important to me..

Craig

You want to chance your arm and ask him for a date instead of beating around the bush

Your only jealous mate :clapper:

Will i be seeing you at the EDRD show again this year? :thumbs:

Hey shotgunner,

seen a 2yr old whippet for sale on the 'working whippet forum' recently, absolute gem for ferreting by all accounts, but not that good on the lamp, worth a look maybe.

Tom

Craig

Your only jealous mate :clapper:

Will i be seeing you at the EDRD show again this year? :thumbs:

Probably mate ....... That's to the EDRD Show question and not the Jealous one :D