does colour make a differents>>>???

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CCI12022009_00000.bmp

Somebody obviously didnt tell him he was the finest dog, I and better dog men than me, have ever laid eyes on,biggest load of bollox I have ever heard when I pick a pup colour dont even come into it.A so called renowned dog man :wankerzo4: judge once said to me a good loking dog but I cant pick him because he is white ,I responded with will that effect his performance in the field then,no he said but he would be no good for poaching,why would I want to poach when I have written permission over 4,000 acres said I he was :blush: didnt know what to say ,my dog went on to wreck his top dog at several different coursing and racing events.

Colour it is an old wives tale

It is a sad fact but couler white is still frowned upon in some lurcher circles why cos of the old poachers myth that a white dog can be easily seen.I have found that a black dog can be seen easier if not more.Its a load of b****x if you ask me.atvb

i`m geting a bullx pup 2moro and i can only get one she is blue and white does that make a differents >>>>?????i never had a dog with white in it :icon_redface: sorry if its a stupid question...???

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR WAKE UP MATE IT MITE BE A GOOD IDEA TO GO SPLASH SOME WATER ON YOUR FACE idiot

i was only asking you clown....thanks to the other lads :bye:

look mate,it makes no difference what colour the dog is,as you can probably tell by these replies,the only thing that matters is heart,if the dog aint got heart then youre wasting youre time with it,simple

dont be so hard on em lads ffs...

the important question is does his parents do the biz for what you want him for kid..

does this type of dog suit what ya want to do regarding type of hunting...

and last but not least are your able to handle and get the best from such a cross?

regards SS ;)

if you feel that the colour of your dog is effecting its catch rate get down to your local hunting supply's shop and buy some of that camo tape you get for gun's,it will soon blend into its surrounding's, :blink:

hope this helps :haha:

joking aside the colouring of any dog makes no different's whatsoever to how it will perform on its chosen quarry,

Edited by chris 78

I think the old saying, "a good dog (or was it originally horse) is never a bad colour" is definitely true.

Having said that, you often hear people saying that colour can have an effect, but only in terms of your preferences ie liking a dog more because you like its appearance and therefore putting more time and effort into it. I used to think that this theory was true to a certain extent but not any more, or at least not for me. I now firmly agree with Stephen Stills in his lyrics for "Love The One You're With." Now this next bit refers to kelpies but the same will be true for any breed or type of dog. When I got my first kelpie the only colour I liked was red and tan. Fortunately, the pup I liked most from the litter was one of the two red and tans. However, when I bought my second the only one left was cream and when they brought her out my first thought was, "Oh my God that's one ugly bitch; she looks like Piglet." But, as I said above, with time you grow to "love the one you're with" and now I think she's a stunner. Ironically, I'd almost be colour prejudiced now in her favour as it's so much easier to spot ticks on her cream coat than on the other two which are red and tan and black and tan.

I'm aware that this question is of course different for lurchers due to the myriad of coat colours whereas in some breeds it could be true that certain lines, which may be more likely to throw certain colours, excell in certain areas. Eg. cream kelpies are rare because when the breed was originally established the cream pups were usually put down. One reason for this was that some breeders were denying that any dingo was used in the breeding and so any dingo coloured pups were put down. Another reason was that the cream pups blended in too well with the dead-grass colour of the landscape and so weren't seen as easily by the sheep. Conversely, some people believe that the average cream is more likely to be stronger as a way of overcoming this.