A few rabbits with the .22

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new to shooting live quarry. The technique you used for gutting the rabbit - how successful is that and did it require you to cut the rabbit at all?

Thanks

You do not cut the rabbit at all.

You begin to grip the rabbit close to the front legs and work down towards the rear end keeping hands close together pushing everything out the rear end.

After you have been doing it for a while you will be able to get the liver, all the guts and kidneys out all in one action.(practice makes perfect)

Just like on the video clip. I show this in more detail on the main DVD which I am working on.

The advantages are ...speed, (less mess), no chance of nicking guts with a knife, and no need to get your hands thick of blood and guts, flies don't infest the inside of the rabbit with eggs as there is no normal cut in the rabbit, there is no "flaps" to rip when skinning them.

I have shown people this method over the years most people swear by it and others revert back to using a knife.

Start with small 1/2 grown to 3/4 grown until you master it.

Steve

Good luck with the DVD but I find once youve seen 1 rabbit shot youve seen it all . It gets very boring for a full DVD unless you are going to include a lot of different footage ;)

Yes thats the hard part, good footage, just rabbit shooting is very repetitive after the first 10-20..

I intend to produce a mixed content film at first covering various aspects of fieldsports so that it will not become repetitive.

I agree...People can become bored and feel the need to fast forward or stop the DVD, the footage should be interesting

so that the viewers concentration span does not come to an end.

BUT...some enthusiasts do like to have the subject that interests them "drawn out" a bit longer.

I will do my best and have it reviewed by the lads before it goes out for sale.

Thanks

I intend to produce a mixed content film at first covering various aspects of fieldsports so that it will not become repetitive.

I agree...People can become bored and feel the need to fast forward or stop the DVD, the footage should be interesting

so that the viewers concentration span does not come to an end.

BUT...some enthusiasts do like to have the subject that interests them "drawn out" a bit longer.

I will do my best and have it reviewed by the lads before it goes out for sale.

Thanks

hi Fieldsports when do you think the dvd will be on sale . and the ratting one that looks very good goin by the clip.

atb best with them both W.D

you been practicing then ;) very well taken head shots the only way to shot rabbits with a rifle in my opinion catch up with you soon ;)

Hello mate.

Haven't seen you for a while, hope your OK

I was just thinking of you today, I was going to pop over and have the crack.

Speak to you soon Colin, all the best Steve