Police Dogs Dead In Car

in the news it sed dogs was founed in car not dog van but ist sicking that a so called professnol dog handler can kill 2 dogs i wish i was the RSPCA offiser in charge of this case id thorw book at the stupid twats

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest foxyjo.
totally unacceptable behavior , and there ment to enforce the law , it beggers belief how anyone can leave any animal in a car any time of the year not just in this heat :censored: :censored:

I disagree to some extent Kay . . . . my dogs are always out and about with me, especially when i'm out photographing the hunt. They get left in the car and are more than happy, the boot has a huge cage and they will happily snooze in there whilst i go about my business, they love being out with me.

That said it's common sense isn't it, if they happen to be with me in this heat, which is very rare . . . i open the boot and have a padlock on the cage, bowl of water , the car is always parked in shade and i never leave them long.

Like anything there will always be the idiots that exploit things and the fact that in this instance it was the police, is un acceptable.

Errrrrr...me too... :blink:

If we're out, so are the dogs. I wouldn't leave them in the car if the sun is shining, but how on earth would you ever go anywhere and do anything with them, if you felt you couldn't leave them in the car for a bit?? :blink: I'm afraid the back of my truck is their second kennel, they have no problem waiting there for me whilst I'm pottering. It's about common sense isn't it?

Let's hope the copper is thrown out of the force. It's BAD form, and they couldn't possibly have any credibility left if any other conclusion were drawn.

Those poor dogs...it doesn't bare thinking about how they must have suffered. :(

I would not leave my dogs in the car either............i would be afraid of them being nicked......yes, it happens!

Thats the point i was trying to make

Really? I didn't pick up on that, sorry. No one will be nicking my dogs out of my car.... ;)

Guest foxyjo.
No one will be nicking my dogs out of my car.... ;)

Never a truer word spoken, even dog theives must set standards :clapper:

Now, you just watch it. :angry: You're just jealous cos mine is bigger than yours.... :tongue2:

No one will be nicking my dogs out of my car.... ;)

Never a truer word spoken, even dog theives must set standards :clapper:

Now, you just watch it. :angry: You're just jealous cos mine is bigger than yours.... :tongue2:

:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Do "Police" dogs live with their handler or in a kennel at the dog section?

I'm almost 100% the Cheshire ones have a permanent kennel on Police premises.

Why would they be with an off duty officer in a civvy car in the first place?

I know a expolice dog handler, he always had his dog's at home. I think most are kept at the handlers homes.

Do "Police" dogs live with their handler or in a kennel at the dog section?

I'm almost 100% the Cheshire ones have a permanent kennel on Police premises.

Why would they be with an off duty officer in a civvy car in the first place?

I know a expolice dog handler, he always had his dog's at home. I think most are kept at the handlers homes.

I know for a fact the Notts dog section mutts are kept kenneled at home......................

I think this incident displays the sort of crass stupidity that you would just not expect from anyone who earns their living as a professional dog handler.

I dare say that the handler or handlers concerned are feeling the sort of remorse that non of us could comprehend and have doubtless paid a very high price indeed in terms of the loss of their animals at their own hand, but christ what an absolutley stupid thing to do in the first place.

Its true that many handlers take their dogs home and bond with them so that they work better as a team, so the effect of the loss will be felt amongst the handlers own family too, and the feelings of guilt will doubtless therefore be magnified.

My only hope is that the publicity given to this incident should ram home the consequneces of such actions to anyone who has a dog and thinks about leaving it in the car on a hot day, the message is simple DONT BOTHER.

Two police dogs have died in a hot car parked outside the headquarters of Nottinghamshire Police.

An RSPCA officer was called to the Sherwood Lodge headquarters in Arnold on Tuesday and found two German Shepherd dogs dead in a police vehicle.

An independent vet is carrying out post-mortem tests to establish how the animals died.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission has launched an investigation into the incident.

'Swiftly reported'

Nottinghamshire's Assistant Chief Constable, Peter Davies, said: "This is a tragic incident and we value the important work our police dogs carry out on a daily basis.

"That is why we swiftly reported this incident to the RSPCA and we will be working with them very closely."

In a statement Nottinghamshire Police said the welfare of all animals owned by them was "of paramount importance and we endeavour to take every measure possible to ensure their well-being and safety".

Nottinghamshire vet Andrew Wilson, who has 36 years' experience in practice, said dehydration would have affected the dogs very quickly in the current temperatures.

He said: "The dehydration would have been a big factor.

"They wouldn't be able to cool themselves because panting wouldn't be effective anymore, there would be no evaporation from the tongue.

"As the core temperature rose as a result of that, and the brain temperature rose, the brain would cease to function and various other organs would fail. This happens certainly within 30 minutes".

30 f*****g minutes!!!!!!!!

I hope this haunts whoever left them there forever.

SCUM

Feedback can be left:

http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/contact/feedback/

how about the person/persons responsible being put through the same suffering as the poor dogs, I can smell the bacon from here :whistling:

I saw this on the news and wasnt impressed!

I appreciate that Police can sometimes have a hard job to do, but its my understanding that police dog units have their dogs 24 / 7.

Ive never left my dogs alone in my car, usually because if Im in the car with them there is someone else there too.

I will admit tho that if need be Id leave the dogs in the car for a minuite to jump into a shop or to a burger bar or whatever but Id have them on my mind the whole time and wouldnt want them alone for more than a few minuites.

How you can leave them in your car for 30 minuites, especially in this heat is a joke!

I appreciate that accidents can happen, but when it costs lives its one accident too many in my book!

I hope they get charged with something and if I had my way I would take them out of the dog unit and stick them in a role with less responsibility.

The officer(s) involved clearly shouldn't be given a job like that.

dont care what job anyone does they should be treatd the same if anything anyone who works for the police should respect the law more than most, seeing as they are paid to emply it....theyve broke the law and been cruel to animals and should be punished like anyone else...unless its a rule for one and different for another...