Nasty Ferret Kit

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when i was a kid an i got my first ferrets i was forced to play with them all day

i was always taught that they must be tame so tame they were

i have a little gill here now eveytime i go in the shed she goes mad just to play with me

i have all the kids around me playing with mine all the time and i educate them about little fezzers. i still can't see a problem with letting them know whos boss a long as it's not violent, angry or aggressive my polecat i've had her since she was real small 7 weeks i think and i never once had a nip off her never! two of my other jills were pick of litter for use of my male the lady who used him didn't handle them at all i don't think and bloody hell they did bite and they were bout 10 weeks when i got them (this girl was down a rescuer for the RSPCA she isn't anymore i am) so i ask again when a 10 week old ferret or older has a good grip on your hand whats the proble with a flick just hard enough to make it think but leave no lasting damage

Not everything can be cured with tickles and titbits....................Sometimes corrections are required, not pain, not anger, just a simple correction.

If there was any truth in this tapping on the nose theory, why is it that in Febuary ,and march ,when a ferret will recieve few taps on the shonker off of Mr and Mrs rabbit,why is it that they go back for more, and more and more. ;)

Not everything can be cured with tickles and titbits....................Sometimes corrections are required, not pain, not anger, just a simple correction.

If there was any truth in this tapping on the nose theory, why is it that in Febuary ,and march ,when a ferret will recieve few taps on the shonker off of Mr and Mrs rabbit,why is it that they go back for more, and more and more. ;)

I dont know, why is it if my uncle had tits he'd be my aunty???? Your statement doesn't make sense????? If you correct a terrier with a tap, will it come away the first time a fox nips him???? If your 10 month old bull cross grumbles as you go near his bone and you give a him a correction will he wilt and turn tail when kicked by a roe buck?????

Not really comparable are they?????

As I said works for me, my ferrets are friendly, soon stop nipping and are handled by my little girls all the time so i'll stick with what works for me.

Drive and inate hunting ability, not the same as biting a finger................

Imo flicking and tapping doesn't deter a biter it makes them a fast lunging biter instead, i hate (no wrong word ) am disgusted when i get a ferret that turns it head away as its used to getting a "flick" or "tap" on its nose, most animals do no need to be cowed to be handled but need patience and time.

A kit has soft bones in the nose an unintentional hard flick can cause a lot of damage.

And for mr clip the back of kids legs, its now against the law to smack kids. Its brutal and uneccessary respect and boundarys can be taught without violence and the excuse that you got it when you were a kid is lame.

As I said, I dont open the hutch armed with a broom and cs gas, If a kip nips, I give it a light tap (note light tap, not a haymaker) and say no, NEVER had a hand shy ferret, trouble is most folk can't differentiate between a correction and a pasting...................

Different strokes and all that.................

As I said, don't/never have/never will smack my girls............

Imo flicking and tapping doesn't deter a biter it makes them a fast lunging biter instead, i hate (no wrong word ) am disgusted when i get a ferret that turns it head away as its used to getting a "flick" or "tap" on its nose, most animals do no need to be cowed to be handled but need patience and time.

A kit has soft bones in the nose an unintentional hard flick can cause a lot of damage.

And for mr clip the back of kids legs, its now against the law to smack kids. Its brutal and uneccessary respect and boundarys can be taught without violence and the excuse that you got it when you were a kid is lame.

the law states "no mark may be left" as the definition of violence towards children and anyone that does deserves to be prosecuted. you ask my daughter if she thinks daddy is violent. there is a diference between violence and chastisement i think in all she's had a clip twice she has a reading age of 10 top of her class for everything and does the maths books given to the second year juniors and she's in infants so don't tell me that it's done more harm than good cheeky bugger. my ferrets would never turn away from your hand neither.

Actually it's not illegal to give your kids a smack around the top of the legs, it's illegal to smack them hard enough to leave a mark.

It's because of people like yourself with dangerous left wing ideals that there's a total lack of respect for adult authority these days. Children are not taught that there's always a consequence for an action.

I'm not advocating needless, brutal violence towards children, lines must be drawn. Children do not understand reasoning the way that an adult does, and is it any wonder our 7 year old children act like adults these days, robbed of their childhood because they are constantly told to think and act as an adult? Ever wonder why we have one of the highest rates of teen pregnancy in the world? It's no coincidence...

I'm sorry, but I'll discipline my children in whichever way I see fit, and if that includes a smack as a last resort, then so be it. It's of no concern to people like yourself as long as I'm acting within the law.

Actually it's not illegal to give your kids a smack around the top of the legs, it's illegal to smack them hard enough to leave a mark.

It's because of people with dangerous left wing ideals that there's a total lack of respect for adult authority these days. Children are not taught that there's always a consequence for an action.

I'm not advocating needless, brutal violence towards children, lines must be drawn. Children do not understand reasoning the way that an adult does, and is it any wonder our 7 year old children act like adults these days, robbed of their childhood because they are constantly told to think and act as an adult? Ever wonder why we have one of the highest rates of teen pregnancy in the world? It's no coincidence...

I'm sorry, but I'll discipline my children in whichever way I see fit, and if that includes a smack as a last resort, then so be it. It's of no concern to people like yourself as long as I'm acting within the law.

i was gonna say exactly that about the bloody left wing voting